Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NC man bags 500+ pound hog

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default NC man bags 500+ pound hog

NC man bags 500+ pound hog

CONETOE, NC (WNCT) - A veteran hunter Jett Webb shot and killed a 500-pound wild hog with a .308 caliber rifle, WNCT in North Carolina reported. He told WNCT that this experience was "surreal."

"It was a shock," he said. "It was very humbling to say the least, when you walk up on a beast that big and you say, 'Oh my gosh. I had no idea that there could be something that big running around the woods of Eastern North Carolina.’"

The beast was first caught on trail cameras years ago near the White Oak Ranch Hunting Club. Webb spotted the hog in the woods last month.

"The Mohawk down the back,” Webb describes the beast. "The tusks really lean, the muscular big front end. This is far from a domesticated docile pig that we're used to."

Mike Mansell, president of the White Oak Ranch Hunting Club, agreed this size hog game is rare.

"It takes your breath away for a second to realize how big this hog is," he told WNCT. "It took up the entire bed of the pick-up truck."

Mansell said the pig is part of a growing wild boar population in the East which is doubling this year. He explained they are invasive species that are hard to get rid of once they come to the area.

Webb killed a similar size pig two years ago. It is now mounted on the walls of the hunting club. But this time around, he chose to only harvest the meat, filling two coolers to the brim with sausage, pork chops and tenderloin.

"We’re not going to waste anything,” Webb says. “So that pig will provide food for me and my family for a good year."

As for any skeptics, Webb swears his picture is not photoshopped. Webb added most reaction online has been positive. It’s an experience that will go down in his record books as unforgettable.

“I just set out to put a little meat in the freezer,” he says. “But afterwards I was completely blown away.”

http://www.kplctv.com/story/24949445...-500-pound-hog

Black Blade: Wish we had some hogs like that around here. Seems they don't like Wyoming.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That looks a lot heavier then 500 lbs
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That sure looks like my buddy Bristle that I'd mentioned here before, and she was in the 500+ range too. But then she was a pet and friendly as any lap dog, and she thought she was too!!!! Many times when I'd climbed into the pen with her to give her some good belly rubbing ,she'd come over and rub against me so hard she'd end up knocking me over flatter than a pancake wanting her scuffing up. She didn't realize, just how big she was I guess. But she was a sweaty!

That one pictured,,,I'm not so sure I'd want to be running into on a dark night in the woods though!!!! Lots of difference between a wild hog and a domesticated one,,for sure!! Bristle was just as loving as any dog and just as smart, and she loved humans and getting her belly rubbed, Coke-a-cola too ,bet the one in NC wasn't any where as nice!!!!!

There actually pretty amassing creatures, all and all. Taste good too!!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

We used to have a couple pigs - one brown and one white. Named them "Ham" and "Eggs". They were good eating too.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've had a few back in the day too BB, but not for years now though. I don't really have the room anymore,,plus every critter I have lately all end up as buds anyways, and I just can't eat my buddies now days !!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I saw one last year here in Florida that was the size of a 55gal drum, by the time I raise the rifle he was off through the palmettos never saw him again

the one above is tough old boy
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

I knew that hog looked familiar.

He up and shot my second wife.

Kudo's! Job well done!

Don't try eating her, she was nasty!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

were swamped with wild hogs out here with many of them are in that weight range.

the thing is when the hogs move in the bears and deer leave--

Feedback Score

j4 bet you never by pork,ha,ha.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i try not too at the grocery it is like $4 a pound--LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by perry View Post
    j4 bet you never by pork,ha,ha.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.