Gunco Forums banner

Albino Moose

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Latinrascal 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Wow beautiful animals all white like that. I would venture a guess their rare sighting as they don't have much camouflage during non winter times and predators do not have trouble finding them.

#5 · (Edited)
Genetic anomaly. What's even more rare was the calf with the same characteristics. Odd and interesting at the same time. Normally happens when the population gets too inbred. We had an albino deer up here too Perry. Of course somebody shot it.

#7 ·
When i was 10-11 years old my best friend and myself were hiking through the woods on Bell Isle in Detroit an came nearly nose to nose with one of these majestic creatures. It seemed to be bedded down for a noontime nap and not at all afraid of humans. It slowly stood up as we started backing away, it was absolutely amazing.

#9 ·
:eek:fftopic: But a Appaloosa horse is a thing of beauty also. Spotted rump I've been told is the meaning of the word. I could have shot the albino deer up here more than once but I believe some of God's creatures should be enjoyed. I guess the big gun that got the bragging rights on shooting the easiest to spot animal in the woods is happy anyway. Folks were bringing the kids on the Sunday drive to see it for awhile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.