Thread: Any of you guys fish near Virginia beach?

Feedback Score

Default Any of you guys fish near Virginia beach?

i'll be spending a week there in october and was wondering whats bitin that time of the year..
    you got to kill it to grill it...Ted Nugent

388ci Bored & Stroked SB 75_stingray's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

WC, I've never fished Virginia, but I believe the Spottail(Red Drum) will be runnin' pretty hard in Oct. Try some cut mullet or some blue crab for these monsters.

I know down here in Oct the bonnitheads (type of hammerhead shark) are coming into the shallows and rivers to give birth. They are so plentiful that they almost become a pain in the butt. You are only allowed to keep 1, but you'll catch enough to fill a truck! Use squid for the shark and everything else.
    Always consider potential Allies. Never dismiss that they may be the enemy until proven otherwise. Be careful how you hold both; You could turn one into the other. (63DH8)

There will always be a large group of people that will be preyed upon, consumed by predators just like in a school of fish.
    Some fish don't venture out into the deep water, others do so only when they've developed big teeth, but most just swim along looking at how blue the water is.
    (GN Member)
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE!
    Member#1499

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Oh I forgot, the winter trout will be beginning they're run. Nov and Dec are usually when I have the best luck w/them. You may get lucky and snag a few.

Fresh shrimp or cast/retrieve a grub for the trout.

Feedback Score

i guess the first thing i ought to do is order a chart so i can find some of the more obvious places to go..and i hope your right about the drum..they're fun to catch..they catch some real monsters near there too..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Here ya go WC!
    Chart of Virginia's saltwater fish, times and baits.
    Virginia Charts

Red Drum

Cut bait (fresh mullet, spot, menhaden), peeler crabs, artificial lures (spoons, large plugs, jigs)

Bottomfishing with bait on "fishfinder" rig; trolling and casting spoons, plugs and jigs

Surfcasting with bait on Eastern Shore barrier island beaches and baitfishing along interior seaside marshes and Smith Inlet area; baitfishing in Chesapeake Bay along Eastern Shore bayside channel edge from Kiptopeake area to Onancock and shoal areas at the mouth of the Bay; trolling and casting artificial lure in Smith Inlet area

Late April - June; August - October; peak May at Smith Inlet for casting and trolling lures; peak late May - June for Surfcasting; peak middle August - September for Eastern Shore bayside fishing; peak middle September - October for surf-casting and fishing seaside marshes

30 - 50 Pounds

85 lbs., 4 oz.; caught at Wreck Island on Eastern Shore seaside in 1981 by Herman Moore

Feedback Score

thanks for the info stingray..i'll look at it when i get back from the range later tonight..

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.