Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who likes Camping?

Gunco Girleen pistol-packin-wifey's Avatar
    Feedback Score

cheezy and i love to camp. unfortunately the last few times we went it rained practically the whole time! we got a lot of great camping stuff for our wedding, so we've been trying to put it to use as often as possible, but i hate it when you only have the weekend so it's only like 1 1/2 days that you really get to spend out there.

we also enjoy camping more as it gets cooler, so hopefully we'll be getting out there a few more times before winter sets in.

Gypsy...... cheezy and i also live in Pittsburgh (unfortunately) for the now. cooper's rock in WV is not too far away and it's beautiful. off season camping in any of the state parks (make sure to look at the camp site map and choose a primative site that has back to woods) have also been really nice. some have fantastic lakes, like Shawnee State Park. about an hour and a half from pgh. check out the PA state park site at http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/ you can search for parks by your interests.
    "The friendliness and charity of our countrymen can always be relied upon to relieve their fellow citizens in misfortune.... Federal aid in such cases encourages the expectation of paternal care on the part of the Government and weakens the sturdiness of our national character...." -- President Grover Cleveland

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

We live in the woods. There's a tent set up and the 7 and 8 year olds have their friends over on the weekends.

My older son and I spent a summer on a bike in Europe and camped 5-6 days a week.

I love it.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks wifey! We've went to Coopers Rock on afternoon. It's beautiful! We've only been in Pgh for about a year, now. Still learning the area.
    Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. -Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Gypsy........ are you going to the Monroeville Expo Mart Gunshow this weekend? a bunch of us gunco folk are going to meet in the little eating area at 10 am.

If you need directions, PM me
    "The friendliness and charity of our countrymen can always be relied upon to relieve their fellow citizens in misfortune.... Federal aid in such cases encourages the expectation of paternal care on the part of the Government and weakens the sturdiness of our national character...." -- President Grover Cleveland

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yeah. I'll ber there. I'd like to meet a few of you. I'll be there after I drop the kids off at the Sportsman's club for Hunter Ed this weekend.

I'm at the shows quite often. I hear this one's the big one for the year?
    Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. -Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyCaravan
    Yeah. I'll ber there. I'd like to meet a few of you. I'll be there after I drop the kids off at the Sportsman's club for Hunter Ed this weekend.

I'm at the shows quite often. I hear this one's the big one for the year?
    yeah and might be the last because of the "AD" at the last one. well c'mon up to the food area...we'll have a sign, or something....just look for a bunch of grumpy old guys! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Oh, I been to man a gun shows at the Expo... I grew up in Freeport, about 30 minutes from the Expo....

I go camping often up in Cameron Co.... camping is great.... coleman stoves to cook on..... hot coffee on a cool morning...... stareing into a fire at night and doing NOTHING!!!!
    Jim

Feedback Score

My family and I are displaced from Pleasant Hills.

Last year we camped for four months while building a cabin on our lot in Maine. One of my favorite things.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pistol-packin-wifey
    cooper's rock in WV is not too far away and it's beautiful.
    Coopers Rocks kicks Butt!!!! And I love the mountain biking trails there.
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I will be going soon, I was invited by a couple of girls...this could be fun
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.