Thread: Who likes Camping?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Or I could get mugged.
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

The Mad Messenger Zane Zackerly's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I used to like it. I can't do it as much as I used to.

I think it's important to have camping skills in case you find yourself a refugee a la Katrina in the future.
    "I Am the Mad Messenger From the Edge"

Feedback Score

The more primitive, the better. It's great practice.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Oh yeah. We camp. This is from Campukalot '07. memorial day weekend every year. Its a good crew.

This was taken on the first day of camp, it ended up being only about half of the people that ended up showing up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My wife and I try to head to the NC mountains at least once a month. Favorite areas are Linville Gorge and Shining Rock Wilderness. The nice thing about Shining Rock is you can camp at 5000 to 6000 ft elevation in the middle of the summer and still be comfortable. Try that anywhere else in the summer in NC.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I love campfires too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Oh yeah. We camp. This is from Campukalot '07. memorial day weekend every year. Its a good crew.

This was taken on the first day of camp, it ended up being only about half of the people that ended up showing up.

Fritz, you are my new hero!!!
    I love this pic and will soon post one of my own. I especially like the fact that shotgun shells litter the foreground of this pic!!!!!
    We camp up at "Al's Camp " in Dubois PA. It's my brother in laws late fathers camp. Just a cinderblock shack built in the 50's on about 700 acres of rolling, forrested land. Rife with Deer, turkey and anything else you can eat.
    We build camp fires that look like structure fires, whipped up by the crazy PA winds.Last year, some dumbass threw an open container of blackpowder(for Muzz loading) into the fire and nearly blinded us all!!!! Good thing we were drunk.
    There is an outhouse around back and a crows nest(we built) on top of the shack.
    Last yeer, we built a 13x10 deck with a cantilever roof and mounted a skeet pull on the back railing.

You'd LOVE IT!!!

For the more "family oriented" trips, we take our annual 4th-o-July camping trip up in the Shenandoah mts/Skyline drive-Big Meadows camp ground.
    We don't really "rough it" because we have a little camp city set up with tarps and carports to cover the eating and rec areas.
    There have been years that all it did was rain, and we never got wet. But spend all of our time laughing at the people that spend the rainy days in their cars.
    Bring a power inverter for margaritas, cook in the dutch oven and import a trailer full of wood for burning.
    Deer come right up and eat from your hand, and you can see bears if you are lucky.
    Truly a GREAT TIME

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Campukalot is a camp without the luxuries of even a shitter. The women are taught to use a shovel and squat. cooking is done over a bed of coals (because the real fire is too big to get close enough to cook on). And if you don't know how to shoot, you learn to. It is my favorite weekend of the year, every year.

It keeps getting longer too. Two years ago, we started on Friday night, last year Thursday, and this year Wednesday. Maybe next year we'll do a full week.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Don't get me wrong-I like it raw and with no frills, but the wives don't appreciate that side of it as much as the guys do.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My wife asked for a trailer hitch to be put on her van for her b-day present so we could take the kids camping more with the popup.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.