Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone like winter camping?

Feedback Score

Default Does anyone like winter camping?

I like to climb mountains so I have at times hiked and camped in the winter (very few times really). I've been on Pikes Peak in late Nov. and March. I'd like to try some easier peaks here in WA this winter just to get accustom to it again. When I was on Rainier it was very much a winter camping experience....I slept on ice after all. Who else like to get out in the cold?
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score

i do! Once I camped out with a friend of mine and his girlfriend it was -5 out and we were in a tent with his girlfriend. I've only been once but we had a fun time. I found out that chiliman cans are like hand grenades if left unopened on the fire. Caught some shrapnel from it. Truthfully though I hate cold weather LOL.

Feedback Score

Truth be told I hate to be cold. Thats why my winter sleeping bag is rated for -30 . More geese died for that bag than should be legal, lol. I also picked up a nice down parka in the last year too.
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score

cool. I use my blankets used for my bed. lol

Feedback Score

I love camping. I dont mind cold For a while. My family camped in Maine in a cabin. It was winter, and feezing. I think my whole family about crawled up into the wood stove everyday. Sometimes it is just too cold outside. I had full artic military gear on, The stuff they issue you in alaska. I also had on A second set of cold weather gear. I WAS STILL COLD. You sit out hunting and your hands freeze even with gloves on.

Yes I still love camping in the winter, now I live in Florida and the winters are 85 degrees. I prefer colder weather though.

Feedback Score

I have been winter camping a few times up here but never during the really bad like around -20 or colder. I plan to this year though just to see if I can hack it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yes, I want to camp this Winter as well, as long as I can beat the damned rain. It's raining like crazy here.
    A Day Without Shooting Something Is Like A Day Without Sunshine.

Feedback Score

I think that winter camping is the best. Here in Utah, the west desert is a great place to go in the wintertime. no people, beautiful scenery, and lots and lots of peace and quiet

5x5
    Feedback Score

Yeah, I do it every winter. Last year it was 0 during the day and down to -20 at night. We have a great time, but you have to know what your doing to be safe. Getting an igloo maker from grandshelters.com for this winter. Our winters are so long, if you don't enjoy them you'll go nuts. -Ian

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 5x5
    Yeah, I do it every winter. Last year it was 0 during the day and down to -20 at night. We have a great time, but you have to know what your doing to be safe. Getting an igloo maker from grandshelters.com for this winter. Our winters are so long, if you don't enjoy them you'll go nuts. -Ian

Where are you from Ian? Sounds like a blast doing some igloo camping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.