Thread: Ice fishing shelter

Feedback Score

Default Ice fishing shelter

Had a buddy at work last night ask me If I could create something for him for when he goes ice fishing. His dad has an steerable electric wheelchair in his garage that he's not using. What he wants is a platform of some type that he can set his shelter, gear, auger, etc. on and drive out on the ice. He's tired of dragging it by hand, as he doesn't have any other way of doing it. We came up with one idea that might work, but I just thought I'd pick your brains a bit as well.

Feedback Score

A snow mobile or a quad. or a truck.

No electric wheelchair is going to pull a 500 lb fishing shack across a frozen lake. besides the temp on a frozen lake is going to render the battey useless.

Feedback Score

Guess I could have described it a bit better. It's more like a fold up tent. The heaviest part of his gear would be his auger. Everything together was barely 100 lbs.

He only wants to use the drive system to create a type of oversize RadioFlyer wagon.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry I am just about as useful on this one as a Paulsy victim doing brain surgery with a pip wrench
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

OK, here's a thought. I'm assuming of he's in a wheelchair, then he isn't able to reach around the back of the chair, correct??? Instead of a pull behind type thing, a person could make something to go in front as a push wagon. Something kind of a little bit U-shaped maybe. The he could pull right into the middle of it and have gear on both side and in front of him.

Each wheel would have to be on swivels for these to work and would have to be a fairly good sized diameter wheel so they would push easily. By them being on swivels it would make easy to steer and could probably be done with the chair.

Something to think on anyhow.
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score

No, he's not in a wheelchair, he just wants to use the drive system and steering part to create a wagon of some type. He's tired of having to drag his gear on a sled.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Oh, OK. I misunderstood. Did you see the rig that Stingray posted??? Maybe you could copy something like it. Or rig something on a $19.99 dolly from Harbor Freight.
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.