Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: When Camping: Tent or Camper???

Feedback Score

I do not camp too much, but the tent is the route I take.

Feedback Score

Pogo....you had everything but a boat! LMAO

Feedback Score

When I was a young pup we had a sheepcamp, also spent alot of time out west of where I live at in the ranch cabin, it has no running water elec and such. So in a way the ranch house was camping, just didn't move it around.
    "Teds of Beverly Hills" Home of the "Foil wrapped baked potato"

(\__/)
    ///\\\\
    |+...+|
    .\.|.|./
    ..(oo)

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Tent camping. Someday I will have another VW van with a pop top (westaphalia, i.e. eurovan MV weekender). But for me and my family, we enjoy tent camping. renting a cottage on a lake is nice - but to me that is a vacation and not camping.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Cephus
    Tent sleeping bag and a cookstove or it ain't camping it's a house on wheels.
    Preach it Brother ....

I'm fond of a bedroll on pine needles myself, but will subject myself to a tent and coleman stove if I have my bedwarmer along.

Feedback Score

Pogo, awesome set up. You camp much like we do--I don't have any pics loaded on my computer of our site, but I'll be sure to get some up soon. We have to camp with a tent, because we strand ourselves on an island in the middle of the lake. It's so beautiful and peaceful. You wake up in the morning and hear the water moving--ahhhhhhh refreshing. We did have a silver fox stalk our camp last time. He was cool though---he grunted and growled a bit the first night to let us know he was there, the next night, he came and laid about 100 yds from the tent--all night. We don't go out after dark--we camp amongst gators and other critters.......lol If mother nature calls and you can't absolutely hold it---it takes 2 of us go...one to hold the flashlight to light a path, the other carries the bucket (5 gallon bucket with a hole in the bottom and a toilet seat on top) the shovel and the toilet paper......lol It's fun and I have a blast! Mom and Dad live for the summer so we can go camping.
    Last edited by Taz38; 12-24-2004 at 07:07 AM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cephus
    Tent sleeping bag and a cookstove or it ain't camping it's a house on wheels.
    Oh yeah, definately tent. Cookstove is nice, but I'll take a wood fire any day. There's nothing better than deer steak roasted over an open fire. Yeah, a little hickory, hard maple and apple wood. Yummy. May have to go set up the tent in the yard tonight. Better grab a couple sleeping bags though, supposed to be down to zero tonight. May skip the tent and just go for the steak and then head back in.
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score

I would love nothing better but to have a wood fire--however last time we did a fire I got very ill. I was sick for 3 weeks--my doc said I had a severe reaction to the smoke. I don't know if it's the type of wood we burned or what, but I can't take that chance again. It happened once before around a bon fire, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together until it happened under the same circumstances. Such a shame--I grew up around fireplaces-that's all we had for heat--now I can't be around fires

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Are you sure noone threw anything on the fire? I've never heard of that before.
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score

but ..i like those houses on wheels..haha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.