Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: When Camping: Tent or Camper???

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mbadboyz
    If I had a camper, I'd take it to camp with but until I buy one I have to settle with the tent! I have 2 cots that I use inside the tent that I bought from Bass Pro Shops and the wife and I love them. I have trouble with sleping on the ground because I wake up all stiff. And when its cold I sleep in the mini van with a HF ceramic heater on. I dont have a choice when its cold to have to settle for the van because I love to deer hunt. Speaking of hunting....I am going to the north georgia mtns. on January 7-10. Cant wait!

Sounds like fun! Wonder what I'll be doing the 7-10? Maybe I'll be back from Miss. If so, maybe we can catch up. Speaking of hunting, I may do some while I'm in the Fla panhandle this week.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Dog??? Hat??? Sunglasses??? Well I'm shocked, I would never subject a dog to that.............Christmas lights aren't nearly as bad.

Dang girl, I'm gonna start calling you Taz Dundee. I have to ask though, anybody pack on your camping trips? Cause I think I would.

Starters???? What's that??? Aint any of you folk heard of good ol' fashioned kindling wood? Now that's the way to start a fire.
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher
    Dog??? Hat??? Sunglasses??? Well I'm shocked, I would never subject a dog to that.............Christmas lights aren't nearly as bad.

Dang girl, I'm gonna start calling you Taz Dundee. I have to ask though, anybody pack on your camping trips? Cause I think I would.

Starters???? What's that??? Aint any of you folk heard of good ol' fashioned kindling wood? Now that's the way to start a fire.
    Yeah dad carries his 9mm and 357 with us--just in case--like I said we are in the wild, as you can tell from our buddies in the first pic--it's illegal to kill them, but if it comes down to family members or saving the wild life--I think we all know what we would pick...

the fatwood starter or fatlighter as we call it is wood found out there--it's a type of wood that will burn and burn and burn--and has a very distinct odor--when you can't get a fire started--use that piece of wood and voila--you have fire.

and let me tell you about that dog---he doesn't know he's a dog--I bought him a squeaky toy for Christmas--he turned his nose up at it and refuses to play with it, cuz it's not fuzzy......hmpf he's rotten to the core....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Lol...has as a kid instead of a dog Gator sure does taste good
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score

Have a Chinouiard mountaineering tent I picked up many years ago, very odd and very cool tent: It's a 7X7X7 foot floorless pyramid tent, coated nylon that doesn't quite go all the way to the ground between corners. Gotta use a groundcloth or tarp with it, but it weighs nothing (maybe a couple of pounds), provides shelter from the storm, is very roomy, and - very important in the mountains and deserts of the West - it's very very difficult for the wind to knock it down. Only thing I'd fault it for is that it's useless if you're expecting protection from bugs.

And big on cooking over a fire. Generally cook with nesting pots with bails, use a small hot fire and suspend the pot with a bit of lightweight chain from the end of a walking stick propped up at an angle sticking over the fire.

Camping techniques I'd picked up when my body worked and I was into backpacking, but lightweight, quick, simple, and easy always works.
    Extraordinary Commission for the Struggle Against Counterrevolution, Espionage, Speculation, and Sabotage

Feedback Score

I have three modes:
    ultralight Hiking
    amphibious canoe excursions
    and Wife trips, which is either car camping with all the heavy stuff, or involves room service and a pool.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Taz38
    the fatwood starter or fatlighter as we call it is wood found out there--it's a type of wood that will burn and burn and burn--and has a very distinct odor--when you can't get a fire started--use that piece of wood and voila--you have fire.
    Pine pitch is what it is.........find a rotten pine tree with good heart wood left in it and that's fatwood. It's basically just pine that has a high concentration of sap in it. Burns hot, burns long.....starts easy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.