Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: When Camping: Tent or Camper???

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default When Camping: Tent or Camper???

And why do you camp like that?
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score

If I had a camper, I'd take it to camp with but until I buy one I have to settle with the tent! I have 2 cots that I use inside the tent that I bought from Bass Pro Shops and the wife and I love them. I have trouble with sleping on the ground because I wake up all stiff. And when its cold I sleep in the mini van with a HF ceramic heater on. I dont have a choice when its cold to have to settle for the van because I love to deer hunt. Speaking of hunting....I am going to the north georgia mtns. on January 7-10. Cant wait!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

That is cool, I like to camp in tents...jsut seems like much more a a get away.

Feedback Score

I generally take a tent or a tarp. Truth be told, I prefer a tarp mainly because I can see outside while I'm laying in my bedroll.

32 years old and still scared of the dark! lol

When I camp I go really light. A tarp, bag of beans, some jerkey, wool blanket, knife, first aid kit......oh ya, some tea. I like the "getting back to basics" aspect of it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I'm like Flinter, I like being able to see around me. I'm 48(oops still 47) and I know there is stuff in the dark to be afraid of.
    Last edited by Grendeljaeger; 12-22-2004 at 11:06 PM.
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Feedback Score

It used to be tents and sleeping bags when I went to the northern remote parts of the state hunting and fishing. now I have a 37 foot camper in a remote campground that I keep there year round. No more need for tents, as the camper stays where I used to tent out, right in heaven's back yard. Awesome Brookie and Salmon fishing in every direction... moose, deer, bear, rabbit and even coyote hunting is great within a 5 minute walk. All this plus a 6,000 watt generator keeps the AC cooling me off in the summer, and warm during the 30 below cold spells in late January. I love it.
    Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I camp a lot. And, I've thought about getting a camper. But, most of the places I go are far off the road, and would be difficult getting a large camper back there, and if you did get it back there, there is a danger of getting it stuck. Perhaps a small truck camper on the back of my F-350 4x4 would work.

As it is now, I use a 10x18 tent, and a cooking awning, and lots of convenient stuff I take with me. I don't like to rough it too much. I had plenty of that in the Army.

Here is another trip I went on with my grandkids:

It's best to watch the weather report if you are going to camp in a area that is subject to flash flooding.
    We have met the enemy, and he is us!

388ci Bored & Stroked SB 75_stingray's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendeljaeger
    I'm like Flinter, I like being able to see around me. I'm 48 and I know there is stuff in the dark to be afraid of.
    LOL, to heck w/that, I wouldn't want to see!!!!

Dang Pogo,
    that would spoil a trip for sure.
    Always consider potential Allies. Never dismiss that they may be the enemy until proven otherwise. Be careful how you hold both; You could turn one into the other. (63DH8)

There will always be a large group of people that will be preyed upon, consumed by predators just like in a school of fish.
    Some fish don't venture out into the deep water, others do so only when they've developed big teeth, but most just swim along looking at how blue the water is.
    (GN Member)
    ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE!
    Member#1499

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Nice setup you have there Pogo. Sorry bout the flooding, I personally like just a tent sleeping bag and a few things to cook with and on. But when you have family and stuff going with you I can see how having all that stuff is cool too.

Feedback Score

I have a cowboy bed roll I use most times. I sometimes will use my Colemen tent, and I use my camp trailer once or twice a yr for camping.

I travel to alot and don't like to pay for motels so I stay very often at the fairgrounds or Rodeo grounds wherever I am, the folks at those places don't mind and my dogs, horses and I can get some water and walk around some.
    "Teds of Beverly Hills" Home of the "Foil wrapped baked potato"

(\__/)
    ///\\\\
    |+...+|
    .\.|.|./
    ..(oo)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.