Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who here likes Trout? or other Fish??

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Taz38
    I like anything that bites my hook I've only done freshwater fishing though--I must change that...
    If i lived as close as you do to Lake Santee..i'd be there every weekend..big fish in that lake, stripers, catfish, shellcrackers..this guy just caught this one in 1998..here's the write up about it..

Amos M. Gay and his new all-tackle world record redear sunfish (shellcracker) from Santee Cooper Diversional Canal, caught in August, 1998. The fish weighed 5 lbs. 7.5 ozs. and topped another fish from the same fishing hole by 3.5 ozs. The fishing hole where Gay caught this fish has produced at least three redear over 5 lbs. It is located where the canal meets Lake Moultrie. The area was intensively sprayed to remove vegetation, and the resulting bare bottom became the perfect home for an unnamed species of Asiatic shellfish. The shellfish are, of course, dinner for shellcrackers, and redear feeding in this area experience phenomenal growth and weight gain. If the shellfish are the infamous zebra mussels, redear appear to offer a perfect solution to control. Reduced zebra mussel expansion and big redear in one package!

Feedback Score

My favorite kind of fishing is walking along a trout stream in the Sierras with ultralight (2 lb test) equipment and spinners. Even if you don't get any fish, trout live in such lovely neighborhoods.
    Extraordinary Commission for the Struggle Against Counterrevolution, Espionage, Speculation, and Sabotage

Feedback Score

Ive always loved catfishing and casting for bass. Ive been offshore once and caught a bunch of huge amberjack, and tuna. I love fishing.

Feedback Score

the last time i caught an amberjack, my rod arm hurt for 2 days..

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I like Mahi-mahi they are the chicken of the sea Oh Fishing...ehh depends on what my partner looks like
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score

Yea those Amberjack are some bad-ass fighting fish. I caught one that was about 80lbs and the captain said I could have applied for some kind of award or something. I didnt bother with it though. The fresh Tuna and dolphin were delicious, nothing can compare to fresh fish you caught yourself. Its very satisfying.

Feedback Score

I LOVE THOSE BROOKIES!!!
    I fish alot for brook trout up in northern maine, and do quite well on the native trout here, although the stocked ones are almost as good, but just not as sweet. a few brookies, and some fresh picked fiddleheads (baby fern shoots that are all curled up) and you've got a meal fit for a king!!!
    Also... try a striper on a 7 weight flyrod... It'll blow your mind!!!
    Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I like the taste of Northern Pike better than walleye, but you have all of those "Y" bones that ya gotta pick out. Probably my favorite eating fish is bluegill and crappie.

I love to fish for any kind of fish though.
    We have met the enemy, and he is us!

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Trout is good eating, especially broiled with some lemon juice and sliced almonds on top. I also like bass, perch, walleye, bluegill, crappie, catfish, whiting, etc. My all time favorite eating fish is the bluegill, My dad and I would filet them and then dip them into some egg and rolled in crushed ritz crackers (or whatever was available, cornmeal, flour etc), then deep fry them. Definitely some good eating (now I am getting hungry, lol).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Man, I forgot about that whiting. That's some good eating too. Yum!
    We have met the enemy, and he is us!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.