Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who here likes Trout? or other Fish??

Feedback Score

I like to catch and eat stiper bass. They are fun to catch. The boss and I went out last spring and caught 17 one evening.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dzerzhinsky
    My favorite kind of fishing is walking along a trout stream in the Sierras with ultralight (2 lb test) equipment and spinners. Even if you don't get any fish, trout live in such lovely neighborhoods.
    Oh man you've got that right Dizzy. I love stream fishing. I have several lakes to trout fish in, but the streams around here aren't cold enough for trout in the summer months. With the lakes, they can go deep. But they don't last long even in the lakes. What isn't caught right away after stocking, usually becomes bait for the pike. The streams down in the mountains of WV are quite nice. I could sit there all day and not catch a thing and still be happy. Just something about the sound of the water to relax a persons mind.
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mbadboyz
    I like to catch and eat stiper bass. They are fun to catch. The boss and I went out last spring and caught 17 one evening.
    where do you fish for the stripers?

Feedback Score

I had a great week catching stripers in Cape Cod, Mass. In the back bay they were very active during high tide. I loved the place except for the Blue Laws

Feedback Score

I fish for Arctic Grayling and Salmon on a flyrod. Every summer try to make it down to Valdez to go after Halibut. Grayling is my favorite fish to go after they may not get big but they like to fight and get acrobatic and taste wonderful cooked over an opeen flame right on the river...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I've caught only one grayling, and that was years ago in Canada. He was a small one and I released it. They are quite scarce in any place I go to fish. At one time I think they were quite abundant in Michigan. Not sure if they are different sub-species or not. I've always wanted to go char fishing. Perhaps some day I will.

We have met the enemy, and he is us!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

another good fish is smelt. It is always fun to go smelt dipping. http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...5690--,00.html

As for the grayling in MI - if I remember correctly they are a different species than the artic grayling. A website for the grayling http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...3612--,00.html

Feedback Score

I mainly fish for Redfish, Specks and flounder. Tought my wife to Redfish and she loves it too. I can be in Matagorda Bay in 30 minutes from the house. Try to go atleast 3 times a week. If it can be done in a boat I,ve done it. Boat in the water without the plugs in, forgot to put the anchor back in the boat after cleaning:nothing but a shredded rope left. Anchor rope in prop. The list goes on and on. Between boats,fishing,bow hunting, guns and metal detectors, I wonder why I never have any money? Now theres these AKs I need to build!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Nothing better than fresh, fried perch.

When I was living in northern Ohio, there was a tavern that had an all you can eat fried perch specialty every Friday. Man, I miss that joint.

The fish up there is fresh from Lake Erie which has some fantastic fishing despite what people in other parts of the US read in the media. Loaded with walleye, too.
    Everyone had you pegged.

Feedback Score

Im not much of a fish eater but I do like to fry up the fish I catch. Usually its some type of bass. Large mouth, small mouth or striper.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.