Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Who here likes Trout? or other Fish??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Love the trout. I'm aching for the warm spring dayz of Oregon.
    A Day Without Shooting Something Is Like A Day Without Sunshine.

Feedback Score

Here's a true fish story for ya...
    I have 2 kids, a son, 15 years old, and a daughter, 6 years old. I took both of my little darlings to a semi-remote trout pond that I frequent in the spring. This little northern Maine pond is chock full of the nicest little Brook trout you've seen, the majority of them being fat-bellied feisty 13 to 16 inch fish.
    We were drifting about in my 14 foot Grumman fishing boat, plugging with night crawlers, trying to find where the fish were hiding. My daughter, who has a somewhat short attention span due to her young age, quickly started whining about the underwhelming action at the start of our day. My son and myself, who had fished there together on numerous occaision, kept up reassurance to her that when they started to bite, they wouldn't stop until we had our limits. I think this had little effect on her, as she persisted in her telling me how she wanted to go home, and she HATED fishing, and that she thought my son and I were tricking her, because there were no fish in the pond.
    After about a half hour of drifting around on this small pond without so much as a nibble, and nonstop whining, my daughter's Sponge Bob Square Pants extreme fishing rig started to twitch... and wiggle... and pull... but with the rod rested against the gunnal of the boat, apparently she couldn't feel it, or at least it wasn't obvious enough to pull her out of her little-girl-no-fish-in-here-stare-at-the-bottom-of-the-boat-trance. My son saw the commotion at the business end of the little rod and excitedly exclaimed, " Bryanna!!! there's a fish biting at your line! Reel it in!!!" After about what seemed like a half hour battle with a huge fish on light tackle, I dipped the net into the water and extracted a beautiful 16 inch brookie. We were all so happy for her (her first brookie) my son barely noticed his rod dancing... another brookie... and another... and another... the pond was on fire, and each one I hooked I tried to give my rod to my daughter to haul it in, but she wouldn't have time to with the way the fish were attacking her pro-quality Zebco outfit. As we were nearing our limits, I started to release some of the fish my son and I were catching so that we could keep more of my daughter's fish. What a ball we had...
    We were down to our last 2 fish, and then our limit would be full. I had hauled in my gear, and my son was about to do the same when my daughter's pole started dancing... and then was almost torn right out of her mits... "oh my god" my son said... "dad, did you see that?" I told my daughter to reel it in, and got the net ready... she looked like she was winching in some treasure chest found at the bottom from an old wreck... As the fish neared the surface, I noticed that it wasn't nearly as big as I had initially pictured, judging by the violent reaction of her rod, but there wasn't just one... there were 2 of them, one right behind the other. I looked at my son and said... "hey, David... did ya see that?... there's 2 of them fighting over the worm... " and with that, scooped with the net, and pulled up 2 beautiful fat brookies, one about 15 inches, the other around 17. The first fish had latched onto the worm, and hooked himself. the second fish apparently tried to get the dangling worm away from fish 1, but when he did, pulled the hook and line through the jaw of the first fish, hooking himself. 2 fish on the same cast. My daughter was flipping out.
    Needless to say, that filled our limit, so it was time to head out. My daughter was really pissed that we had to go. She loves fishing..... now, that is...
    Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Feedback Score

I love fresh fish, unfortunetely even though we are surrounded by water you can't catch anything worthwhile unless you go out 15, 20 miles into the ocean. Years ago I had a boat and it was fun, then I sold it and got married. Now we fish with a silver hook at the marketplace. My favorites Maui-Maui (dolphin), Salmon, among others.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wow. That's some really nice sized natives sks_hunter. Most of them around here are only about 12-13" on average.

That story is one for the record books. I once shot two deer with one shot using my bow, but I've never heard of two fish on one line. Well, on one hook anyhow.
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    I Like 1911's.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.