Arkansas does "early voting" now. This week is a primary for state legislooters and a few bills to amend the state Constitution. Item 1 is an amendment to guarantee the right of citizens to hunt and fish on public land.
Back when our Constitution was written nobody would have thought about guaranteeing such a thing. It would have been akin to a Constitutional guarantee to breathe public air.
Yes to that one. The other two proposals are an ill-written control on interest rates (I can't even figure out WTF it means, so "No") and an amendment to change they way the state can issue bonds (they don't need a freakin' Constitutional amendment for that, so "No" to that, too.)
I only found out about this "early voting" thing in time for the last big election. Instead of spending four hours jammed into the usual polling place (*) during a 12-hour window, you just wander into City Hall at your convenience, during a week-long window. It's not quite a secret, but they sure don't make any effort to let anyone know.
(*) this is an example of "gerrymandering". Probably 80% of the town, in selected non-contiguous areas, has to queue up at one polling place, which is far too small to handle the load. The other 20% go to one of a dozen convenient polling places and zip right through. It's not exactly illegal, as I understand it, but it lets the electors strongly influence the vote