Thread: Video of day my day hike in Seabranch Preserve State Park

Feedback Score

Default Video of day my day hike in Seabranch Preserve State Park

No one ever posts here and I thought I'd drop in this video I did of a hike I enjoy taking now and again...enjoy :-)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up A+

That was excellent. Thank you. 10 miles south of Stuart is the park. I think?
    God I wish I was younger and could still do that. I was getting out of breath watching the vid.
    For people not from Florida. That gives you an idea of 90% of what Florida really is like.
    The wild hogs are all over the damn place down here.
    Florida really is a hunters and fishing paradise.
    Work is going on too make the Appalachian trail complete, from the Everglades too Canada. The Florida trail is just a few miles too my west.
    I caught a quick look at your boots. I know you know what you are doing.
    But our damn rattlers are learning not too rattle, I guess for self preservation, so as not too attract predators.
    Dont know if you had snake legging on. But if not. I would wear them.
    5 footers are the norm here in the Ocala National Forest.
    Welcome too the forum.
    I am going too watch part II and III as soon as I catch my breath.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    That was excellent. Thank you. 10 miles south of Stuart is the park. I think?
    God I wish I was younger and could still do that. I was getting out of breath watching the vid.
    I caught a quick look at your boots. I know you know what you are doing.
    But our damn rattlers are learning not too rattle, I guess for self preservation, so as not too attract predators.
    Dont know if you had snake legging on. But if not. I would wear them.
    5 footers are the norm here in the Ocala National Forest.
    Welcome too the forum.
    I am going too watch part II and III as soon as I catch my breath.
    Hey ...thanks so much...i think that is my first A+ ever lmao

Yes...about 10 miles or so from town...right where A1A goes over the RR tracks a few miles of kanner hwy.

I wish I got into this stuff when I was younger (i should say even younger...;-) so I could be more knowledgeable while out on the trail ...My past hiking experiences have all been in the Northeast (VT in snow mostly) and there isn't much to worry about there except the occasional hungry black bear or a pack of ballsy coyotes...

Yeah... I like to think i'm invincible...but you're right...i need snake guards...I do carry a snake bite kit...with the venom sucker and all that...just don't ever want to get to the point where i'm rushing to get that out of my pack!

Hey thanks again for your post...really happy someone out there enjoyed it!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Watch them hogs. I had a boar come at me. Got too about 4 feet from me and we had a Mexican stand off.
    I had my .44 special pointed at his head, he had his tusks pointed at me.
    We both backed off at about the same slow pace.
    Keep a pistol with yah. Legal now in State parks down here.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Oh wow...haven't quite been in that situation, though I do carry a six shooter with 22 wmr loaded. I know it's legal to carry, but firing would be another thing...that park is so small I'm afraid 100 people would call the cops if I had to use it.

So at that point, I would probably have to call the police and let them know I was attacked by a pig and had to use my firearm!!??

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SubSonicSnipe View Post
    Oh wow...haven't quite been in that situation, though I do carry a six shooter with 22 wmr loaded. I know it's legal to carry, but firing would be another thing...that park is so small I'm afraid 100 people would call the cops if I had to use it.

So at that point, I would probably have to call the police and let them know I was attacked by a pig and had to use my firearm!!??
    Let em call.
    I was riding my bicycle for exercise, through the State park, across the other side of the Saint Johns river.
    About 30 hogs sprung up in front of me. I ended up in the middle of them, having cut the herd in half. They were crossing the dirt road I was on.
    They are not afraid of people. They will protect their own.
    The one hog came back, I guess as security, too help his friends out.
    Guess as I did not run or seem too pose a danger. He let me be.
    But their is no doubt in my mind. If I walked toward that group. I was in for an ass whipping.
    You go down that trail and cut a herd off. Like get caught in the middle of them like I did.
    I would very much consider carrying some heavier fire power and more ammo.
    Your also in very very serious Easter Diamond Back A.O.. Pygmy rattlers, small and deadly and you cant hear them.
    Not trying too ruin your hike or fun.
    But I dont walk 10 feet into the swamp across the street from my house, unarmed.
    Florida is loaded with things, big and small, that can ruin your day.
    Pack a gun and be careful.
    I have black bears in my yard every night, that laugh at me if try too chase them.
    Looking forward too part II and III. of your video.
    Your video is an excellent example, of why long range guns are not a big seller down here.
    Shorties rule. Once you get 20 feet off the roads down here. Unless you have a tree stand. You cant see but 20 feet.

Feedback Score

Yes, all really good points. And thank you for the more firepower suggestion, I showed that to the lady and said "Look, I need to buy more guns; Don't you want me to be safe"!?

No worries, not ruining my fun... I'll be back out there soon enough, just much more prepared!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Hey that's neat, thanks for posting it.

I didn't read everything, but what recorder did you use and how was it mounted.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Hey that's neat, thanks for posting it.

I didn't read everything, but what recorder did you use and how was it mounted.
    Thanks, glad you liked.

I didn't mention what I used to film and I know it's 25 mins long or so...on the longer side for a youtube vid for sure! Not sure I'd watch the whole thing myself lmao

I went out there thinking I'd take some pics... so brought my trusty sony cyber-shot 7.2 mp (i'm no photographer!). However, when I got out there I figured I'd give the mpegmovieVX feature a shot and put everything on its best settings (640 fine - "high quality" display for tv). It wasn't mounted either, I was holding it in front of me. If it was mounted it probably would have been a much bouncier vid, b/c it doesn't have the video steadying feature, I was just absorbing some of the movement with my hands.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Well that came out really good for what you used and just holding it.
    And no I didn't watch the whole thing
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.