Thread: Close to last ice,,,

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Close to last ice,,,

Went out for a couple days with a couple buds and my son ( in the cammo) fishing on one of the few inland lakes that still has safe ice,,,,20" of it. So here's some pics of 4-5 hours worth of dubbing off. It was kinda of a ,,crack of noon,,,take it easy, drink a beer and chillax ,,kinda day.

No tournaments,,, No clients,,, No schedules,,, No 3 AM morning and 100 mi drive,,,No shows,, No Kids Clinics,,,No cares,,,,,

Not a cloud in the sky,, 46 degrees,, sun on you're face,,some quality fish biting,, hanging with my son,, hanging with my buds,,,,,,,Hell raising and devil worship,,, and my bud "Chris" (on the wheeler) getting,,,,, "outa control" ,,!!!!!! The Old Fuck!!!! And agent orange man,,,, Ralph. I'm the old guy in the blue and white "Clam" tournament shirt, tracking down those fish with the GPS and Navionics lake charts.

What's not to love?

There's some "on the hunt" ,, "hell raising",, fish ,, and results, yummmmmmm ,, pics.

Just another day in paradise, right here in Vermont!!!

I can barley keep up this hectic pace,,,Phewwwww,,,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Close to last ice,,,-fishing-chris-2-001.jpg  

Close to last ice,,,-fishing-chris-2-002.jpg  

Close to last ice,,,-fishing-chris-2-003.jpg  

Close to last ice,,,-fishing-chris-2-008.jpg  

Close to last ice,,,-fishing-chris2-020.jpg  

Close to last ice,,,-fishing-chris2-004.jpg  

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Great picts. twa.. Good for yall.. What kind of fish are they? Damn now I want a Micky Ds Filet of fish..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Perch ,, of course, and the big one's aren't even running yet , I've caught them a titch less than 17" and >2 lbs outa that lake. These were only about 12-13's, pound and a halfers. My goal is a state record fish from there,, that's where the last one was taken from. Last year I missed by only 3/4 " and 2oz,,, CHIT!!

Big fat, fresh caught, spring feed deep water perch,,,with a local micro brew for supper,,,Yummmmm, don't get much better.

Beats the hell out of Mickey-D's

Feedback Score

Nice! Big perch. Bet they were good!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Getting closer,,, got 2,, real nice 16"+ perch yesterday,, and 36 other slammers besides, ,, future breading stock, ya know sense most were big fat females loaded with eggs,, they all went back in sense my freezer's full already.

Still hunting that elusive state record one though,,,,,,, it's there someplace!!! Going to try them again this afternoon,,,,fish don't fail me now!! I want that record fish!!!! I held a state record for Wallie for many years(almost 18) which was just broken about 4-5 years ago,and I held the record Northern too for a couple years too when I was younger,, haven't matched either one sense. There are some quality fish around here for sure and I'd love to get some of you guys that are fairly close or in the area, to go fishing with me sometime. Never know,,, you,, might just catch it???

The offers always open folks,, spring crappie is coming up real soon!! We'll be chasing those 16-17" beasts around pretty soon, the ice is almost off on Champlain in many spots so maybe in 2-3 weeks when the water gets up to about 55-56 degrees, they'll be pounding!! We'll be getting it done good shape by then. Make some plans if you want to come around and get in on this.

Great fun for us old retired codulars!! I've got plenty of gear to cover ya, you'll just need a 2-3day license which is pretty cheap and you'll have a place to hang out so no big expenses will be involved.

So if any of you are around Vt, or close by,, touch base and I'll show you some good fishing and you'll get a free guided trip out of it besides. We still have allot of fun, even if the fish don't bite. We go artifact picking, hunting chucks. Just hanging out in the Champlain valley by itself and watching the bald eagles during mating season, watching the otters playing, Red Tail hawks courting and all the other good stuff to do is a blast.

Even had an otter check me out 2-3 years ago while I was out in the kayak arrow head picking. He climbed up on the bow and drifted along with me on the Lemon Fair river for about 200 yards, very cool indeed. He really wanted to get a closer look and kept getting closer trying to get a sniff!! He was very interested in what I was up to,, there pretty tame critters and very fun to watch. There very frisky and inquisitive too. The whole family all swam around close to me for quite awhile checking me out,, the youngsters are just about cute as Hell, and even noisier than the adults! Lots of good arrow head picking when the fishing isn't good too. Lots of cool stuff to do around here,, now I'm retired.

I might be going on a archeological dig this summer for 2-3 weeks, depends if I get chosen for it or not. It's a dig which will be done in the Plattsburg NY area , we'll be exploring a previously unexplored site containing artifacts from about 1600AD to as far back as about 9000 BC from what the test pits done last year, brought to light. It's a pretty long settled, undisturbed site that could yield some very good info. I hope I get picked to go!! I'd love to be part of that dig.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Thanks twa, perch sound good.. Yall be careful out there now.. Ice start getting funny this time of year..
    For real. Wear one of those emergency inflating like jackets..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

damn--we could use some of that ice out here---it is getting tough to find a cold brew!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Could use some of that cool weather right about now.

PHEW!!!! It's been brutal around here for 2 weeks now, 10 days of it rain and 85-90 temps,,,,,with 6-7 days of the same still to come!!!! It's killing me!!!! It's getting just like Fla,,1:30-200pm,,,thunderstorms blister through and it pours and muggy as hell. Plus just plain to uncomfortable to get anything done outside when it isn't raining . Strange weather patterns lately. We are close to all time record rain and temp records this month too.

We have had almost as much property damage in some areas as when Irene blew through a few years back. The sustained rains are causing allot of flooding with lots of road and property damage in some areas.

I was surprised to see this old thread pop back up this time of year.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.