Thread: Took a hike...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Took a hike...

My health has not been the best these last few years. I havent had the energy to do the things I use to. I had my thyriod gland shut down and before it was diagnosed I swelled up like a tick. Now I'm on synthriod and under control. Before that it was stroke level high blood pressure. Pills for that and I'm doing good. Not too long ago the Doc says I'm borderline diabetic and my bad cholesterol is up. What the feck else can go wrong?
    So instead of getting on one more damn pill I decided to try to live better. Eat right, quit smoking, exercise. I thought I was doing pretty good till I really took an honest look at my lifestyle. Now that I'm doing it right for the last 3 weeks I can really see and feel a marked improvment.
    So being all full of energy I decided to hike down to the river. I had forgotten how great being there felt. We had an ice storm 2 years ago and alot of trees were down, so I got to try out my new Kukri. It works great. Cleared a half mile trail down to the river.
    Just being out there where I spent alot of time in my early twenties was awesome. I didnt realize what I had been missing.
    Heres a coupla pics of my church.
    And 1 of a pottery sherd from the old Niloak pottery plant that closed down in the 30's. They made alot of artsy pottery that is very collectible, and regular use stuff which I find quite a few peices of that have washed down the creek towards the river.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Took a hike...-river1.jpg  

Took a hike...-river2.jpg  

Took a hike...-pottery-sherd.jpg  

"NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feels good to just get out! Doesn't it? I need to myself and the summer is going by.then it's just bringing in the wood and feeding the stove.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yes it does! Speaking of wood I got 3 level pick up truck loads for free, already cut to length, all I had to do was split it. Thats another thing I didnt realize that I missed. Most might think splitting wood with a 10 lb maul is a chore, and it is hard work, but its a kind of meditation for me. All this exercise and eating right has dropped me from 265 to 225. I'm looking to get down to 200. 185 would be ideal but my wife thinks thats too skinny!
    Anyhow, I did cheat today and grilled cheeseburgers and had french fries to go with it. I only ate 1 burger instead of 2 like I used to do!
    Maybe if I keep this up I will get to stay around a while longer. At any rate I promise to make the most out of what time is left.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Mtdew, your only as old as your mind tells you! Awesome pics! Glad to see ya getting out, now post some pics of ya shooting sh*t!!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'm 5"11 and back at 246lbs. I was down at 237 when I quit my diet. My COPD keeps me from traveling to far from the road. Keep at it friend.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It must have been the weekend to get out and about. I broke out the wheeler and went for about a 50 mile ride in the mountains Saturday sense there wasn't any car shows. We were looking down on the valleys and lakes and just slightly above the clouds till just before noon when they lifted above me,,inspiring indeed. Without it that would be impossible to do that now otherwise,,I love my all terrain "Hove-a-Round"!!!

Funny part a pilot friend called and he was out and about too and close by so he buzzed us at about the 4700 foot level when we were at the summit having lunch. Pretty cool.

Made up for it yesterday though when I went to a buds house for a BBQ,,,where serious pigging out, and Long Trail Ale's ensued!! Good time.

Life is good. Now,,,back to the projects,,,,,Ya always have to end up paying the piper.

On the agenda for today,,,an estimate for getting ghost flames on the Buick,,,so much for any new guns in the near future,,,,,Oh Well.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.