Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would a FAL that used both inch and metric parts be an abortion of sorts?

Feedback Score

Default Would a FAL that used both inch and metric parts be an abortion of sorts?

Isnt that what made Centuries guns so freaky?
    Check out this ad for me. He may want to trade it to me for some things I have.
    Off AR15.com's EE:
    This has a Medium contour DSA barrel with silver solder on Muzzle brake. The only thing Izzy is the hand guards and selector, and Charging handle. This is an Izzy looking FAL I should say. The lower is a G1 that I cut for the Izzy selector the reciever is a non gear logo Imbel, The top cover is the stripper clip from Canada. The Bolt and carrier are British inch in the white, because I wanted the sand cut look. The gas tube has been silver soldered in so you don't need to worry about about leakage. Less then 50 rnds through barrel, FTF in IN prefered.
    USA parts
    Gas Piston FSE
    H/T/S FSE
    Barrel DSA
    Pistol Grip
    It is doesn't have any finish coat, I can have it dura coated for an extra $90.00.

I want to get $900.00 out of it.

I attactched the pic of it he sent me. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score

I guess the only parts that are inch are the bolt and carrier. It actually looks like a very nice rifle to me but I really need second opinions.
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score

That seems pretty pricey for what it is. Any FAL is worth the sum of it's parts and that one doesn't seem to have anything really special. People call guns like that "Frankenfals" due to the odd combination of parts used. It all depends on what you want, but for $900 I think you could do better. JMO.

Feedback Score

I dont have the money for this one at all. We are negotiating a trade. Which looks pretty good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Uh, I'd pass.

He doesn't say what kind of receiver he used, does he?
    "RPG kaboom tank!"

Comrade Soldier Koverchenko

Feedback Score

Yeah Non Gear Logo Imbel

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I don't know man, Frankenfals just aren't my thing at all.....it might work fine, but you'd not get your investment out of it.
    "RPG kaboom tank!"

Comrade Soldier Koverchenko

Feedback Score

Yeah I am already having serious second thoughts. It does not sound likeits poorly put together but like you say, could I get my investment out of it if I had too? He has had to BTT twice with no in thread responses to his ad. The attractive part of it is that it is obtainable, and not just century obtaiable. I also like the Izzy look.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

If you can get a good trade and it's in good shape I don't think it's a bad rifle.
    I picked inch parts too add to my STG because of personal preference. I have an inch selector(modified with dremel), inch folding cocking handle and inch mag release. I also wanted the sand cuts on my bolt like the British (inch pattern) and Isreali (metric) but I bought a para bolt instead. None of these changes are permanent so I can't see how it hurts the value as long as you keep the originals. I don't believe any of these kit guns will be as valuable to collectors as preban guns built on receivers and parts from the same sources.
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Feedback Score

The trade we have in limbo is not bad for either party I don't think. Pretty even across the board. What I was saying in my last post was without this trade I don't see owning an FAL like this for quite some time. With the trade I can have a fairly nice one in a configuration that I like pretty much now. Not sure, I really don't even have the cash for the shipping and transfer fee at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.