Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PArkerized STG58...Can ya blue it>?

Feedback Score

Default PArkerized STG58...Can ya blue it>?

Probably a dumb question. I had it parked before I relized how easy bluing was. Can you blue metal that's been parked?

Thanks, Tom

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

sure...
    blast it clean and the blue away

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

LOL DRR. "No" you cannot blue parkerized metal, you'll need to strip it down first. That said, I think personally, after seeing my buddie's parked STG, I'd keep it parked. Those look really nice all parked.

Feedback Score

blued Hell, I'm gonna chrome mine, gimme a little bling bling dawg

GP
    "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to announce that France has been outlawed forever. The bombing begins in five minutes."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie
    LOL DRR. "No" you cannot blue parkerized metal, you'll need to strip it down first. .
    so yo are telling me that you can't bead blast a parked gun and hot blue it???

I think My gunsmith must be doing something way wrong.. cause he blast my stuff clean and then hot blues it.
    Member of the
    There may be help for some of us, but for me I am lost...

Feedback Score

chrome why not some bilng bling gold plated play a
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DrugRunR
    so yo are telling me that you can't bead blast a parked gun and hot blue it???

I think My gunsmith must be doing something way wrong.. cause he blast my stuff clean and then hot blues it.

You can't blue OVER park, the bead blast removes the park and your gunsmith then blues the bare steel.

RLB
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Hey anyone here do hot bluing? I've got several projects I'd like blued and ya think I can find anyone in Illinois to do it, once they find out what rifle it is it's a big NO!! So it looks like it might have to be done elsewhere.

Feedback Score

You absolutely can blue Parkerizing. Just wash with detergent and whip out the cold blue. I'm actually surprised to find that most people don't know this. For a nice, even job with the cold blue, put your parts in a plastic or glass container and cover with water. Pour the water off and heat it up. Pour into a second non-metal container and add bluing to the strength you want. Pour the hot solution into the parts container and watch them turn black. The only trick is, the parts must be clean. You may have to wash them several times. A drop or two of dishwashing liquid soap in the solution also helps 'wetting'. In addition, the bluing can be removed, leaving the Parkerizing, using any liquid rust remover with Phosphoric acid.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 191145
    You absolutely can blue Parkerizing. Just wash with detergent and whip out the cold blue. I'm actually surprised to find that most people don't know this. For a nice, even job with the cold blue, put your parts in a plastic or glass container and cover with water. Pour the water off and heat it up. Pour into a second non-metal container and add bluing to the strength you want. Pour the hot solution into the parts container and watch them turn black. The only trick is, the parts must be clean. You may have to wash them several times. A drop or two of dishwashing liquid soap in the solution also helps 'wetting'. In addition, the bluing can be removed, leaving the Parkerizing, using any liquid rust remover with Phosphoric acid.
    What kind of bluing chemicals do you use for this 191145?

Just Hot bluing salts?

When he was referring to cold blue he was referring to the liquids and pastes that are commercially available.
    "No honey, that old thing, I've had that for years"
    Kalashnikov Georgia Builders
    member # 047

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.