Thread: Kind of a dumb question....

Feedback Score

Default Kind of a dumb question....

I was looking at the Springfield Armory M1A Socom's today on Gunbroker..just window shopping I guess...I like them alot but have never handled one or shot one. Then I began to ask myslef what the Socom had that a .308 Saiga didn't, and other than better sights I couldn't come up woth anything to really justify the +/- $1500 price tag when you can still buy a Saiga for at the very least $1000 less. Am I wrong?
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Cimarron

That is a good question. I don't have alot of experience with alot of different types or caliber of rifles. For me I have to look at what I can get for the best price. I might not be able to get the top of the line rifles or pistols, yet. But if I find a well made piece of equipment that will do approx. the same I will go with it. Now when I become wealthy-never happen-I might get to enjoy some of those finer or maybe just more expensive guns. I would love to have a M1A or Military Garand. Maybe just because it was what my Dad used in the war.

Feedback Score

Thanks for the comments gents. I had a feeling that the Socom was more accurate, but the way you make it sound is that it is about 3 times as accurate than the Saiga. Sound right?
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Cimarron

I am very sure is right. I was not saying that the Saiga would be a complete match against the M1A. Just that for the fire power I can't spend the 1500 or so compared to 300.00 I paid for the Saiga. Again not a gun expert here yet just my take.

Feedback Score

That was actually part of my question or really the bulk of the question was if the difference was worth the severe hike in expense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default ~

Need to do you a little checking on the forums for yourself, but I've read that alot of new springfield owners aren't real happy with their new toys. Seems that a bunch of 'em spend more time shipping it back and forth to the factory for repairs than actually shooting it. Seems they hire a bunch of temps ( idiots, old woman, immagrants) to do the assembly work etc. and the care and knowledge ain't there. You'll also read about some dude that says how unsafe the Poly Tech M14S's are and how he'll fix 'em for $500 and up......cow cookies, ask anybody that ownes one. The Saiga speaks for itself. If I were to buy a socom or M1A, I'd check out a used one. One that has been shot some and functions fine rather than taking a chance on becoming UPS's #1 customer. Just my 2 cents worth
    When Injustice Becomes Law....Rebellion Becomes Duty

The only thing wrong with Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address was that it was the South, not the North, that was fighting for a government of the people, by the people and for the people."

-- H. L. Mencken

One
    Big
    Ass
    Mistake
    America

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.