operator freindly

Thread: operator freindly

Feedback Score

Default operator freindly

Which of these rifles has least recoil, and has best ease of operation, reliability- FAL, G3, or AR-10

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I like my FAL. My G3 has more recoil, but it doesn't hurt, just snaps quicker.

I would imagine the AR10 has light recoil since it is gass operated like the FAL.

ATD
    Feedback Score

With ease of operation in there I would rule out the G3 based on cleaning time, unless you really like cleaning on the same gun for hours. I've never cleaned a FAL or an AR10 but I would be willing to bet they are easier to clean than a G3.

Reliability? My buddies Cetme(Spanish G3) worked in the rain, but I can't speak for the others.

And as far a recoil goes, get a threaded barrel and you can change alot about how a gun recoils by switching breaks and such.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

FAL hands down... also you can bumpfire them really well too... I used to dump about 12 rounds before the barrel started to REALLY climb hehe (good for SHTF and you gotta lay cover and run

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

FAL= when well built, they have great reliablity and decent accuracy. Ease of cleaning, it's a snap.

G3 system= when well built, has great reliablity, but higher recoil and is the biggest pain in the ass to clean, although break down is not bad at all.

AR-10=best accuracy, and if you get a good one, very reliable. Think AR-15 on steroids, with all that means about field stripping and cleaning. The biggest problem Armalite has is magazines, and they also had a few extractor issues with the older ones.

M1A= decent ergonomics, very good accuracy, excellent reliablity, and generally ease of maintence, but you will need a tool to take the gas piston out, but no biggie really.

Of all of them, I think the rifle that blends reliablity, ease of maintence, accuracy, and ergonomics together in the best package is the FAL.
    "RPG kaboom tank!"

Comrade Soldier Koverchenko

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I like the FAL best of the 3(I've never owned an AR-10) but I'd be happy with any of the 3. The FAL has good ergonomics and if you don't worry about authenticity you can mix and match inch parts on a metric and make a real user friendly rifle.(better/bigger safety lever and mag release and a folding cocking handle)
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.