Well,I bought me a FAL

Thread: Well,I bought me a FAL

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Default Well,I bought me a FAL

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=39721162
    I don't know diddly about these. I wanted one with a wood stock. I don't know if I paid way too much or even if all the parts are there.I see theres no bipod or bayonet. This will be fun researching another type of build in any case. I liked the idea of seeing the kit I'm getting rather that the usual crap shoot. Especially if I'd gone with IO. Not enough money to loose any sleep over, even if I did pay too much.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Byg
    Feedback Score

I have one too..except it has the synthetic stock...next mission is to find a reciever reasonably priced..Might have wait until DCI comes out with theirs

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

heres mine i have a kit also that needs building
    Allright you primitive screw heads listen up see this this is my boom stick its a 12 guage double barrel Remington. S Marts top of the line you can find this in the sporting goods department thats right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan.retails for about $109.95 its got a walnut stock cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger.thats right shop smart shop S Mart

Ash

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I'm going to build up a R1 copy myself.

They are my favorite variant of FAL, besides the 18" Para's. These kits have seen a lot of service, from hunting Marxist terrorists to fighting the Cubans in Angola and Namibia to being donated to Rhodesia.

Nice score.

If you want to keep it historically accurate, you'll want a Type 1 receiver, of which DSA makes the best. The Coonan receivers are nice, although they are cast and the DSA are forged using the original blue prints as well.

Stay away from the Enterprise receivers, they are VERY hit and miss, mostly miss.

Some pics of Rhodesians using FAL's (R1) back in the late 70's and early 80's.

"RPG kaboom tank!"

Comrade Soldier Koverchenko

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Just a wee bit high on the price, but the Belgian barrel with nice bore and the really good looking long wood stock make up for the few extra dollars. FWRA over at the Files has a potluck sale going on for these at $179 + shipping. Tempting, but I already have 5 kits and too many FALs already sitting around.

I'm waiting for the new DCI receivers to hit the market again. I need type 1 or 2 receivers for all the builds I have left.

" The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

RLB
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default My Fals

Heres some of mine that I built.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RLB
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default My Fals

Oh and I can't forget the Izzy light barrel
    Attached Images Attached Images

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.