What FAL Do I Want? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What FAL Do I Want?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    Sang, you used to be able to piece together a M1A/semi auto M14 and save money.....no more.

With everything going on in Afghanistan and Iraq and the re-issue of so many M14's the parts really aren't there at an economical price.

As far as the AR-10........man I really want an old-school Dutch/Portuguese model, but I might have to settle for one of the Armalite AR-10B's in the Sudanese style.
    Someone brought out an AR10 last year that uses M14 mags or FAL mags? I don't think it was Armalite. I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I've got both a Century Arms CETME and a kit built FrankenFAL I picked up at a local gun shop. I love shooting them both, and don't think I'd get rid of either.
    If you're thinking CETME or G3, you'd probably be better off building, as finding a decent CIA CETME is getting pretty slim, and most G3's and clones of HK quality are in excess of 1k.
    As far as the FAL, I love mine, but it is a heavy bastard, but sure is fun to shoot. I've got $225 in it, and I don't think I'd take double or triple that for it. FAL kits used to be like the old AMD AK kits. They use to be cheap and plentiful, and alot of people are still kicking themselves for not buying them up when they had the chance. Now that the kits are back on the market, they are roughly $200-300 higher than what they were before. However, if you're pretty well inclined at building, which from some of your posts I've seen before, I'd say you are, go with an FAL build. You can probably find someone to rent or loan the tools. And, I'm sure everyone around here would be very helpful in giving you some pointers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SangRun Hunter
    Someone brought out an AR10 last year that uses M14 mags or FAL mags? I don't think it was Armalite. I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

Armalite uses modified M14 type magazines, Bushmaster uses FAL or L1A1 mags, and DPMS and Stoner SR-25 use original AR-10 style magazines.
    "RPG kaboom tank!"

Comrade Soldier Koverchenko

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Get a DSA stg58, I love mine it is a beautiful well built extremely acurate gun and is ergonomicaly corect. G3's are nice I have both a rifle and pistol, but they are not as fun to shoot as the fal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks, but DSA is known for their USA-made parts and complete guns. I'm looking more for a parts kits. InterOrdnance has a few.
    Retired US Navy
    NRA Life Member -- NAHC Life Member
    "Take, sink, burn, or destroy the enemy fleet": Lord St.Vincent's orders to Nelson off Toulon, 21 May 1798
    Pretty much spells it out, huh?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion8
    Thanks, but DSA is known for their USA-made parts and complete guns. I'm looking more for a parts kits. InterOrdnance has a few.
    No, just the reciever and enough other parts to make it legal. It's just an excellent STG 58 kit on their US made receiver. Like Pirate and Templar I have one and I don't think you can buy a better FAL. The kits that are left are not near as nice as the ones DSA uses to build their rifles. If you find a STG kit that nice you are looking at $450-$500. Recievers are also a problem now as their are no more inexpensive Imbels coming in. I understand wanting to build your own but I'm afraid it's not the economic bargain it was 2 or 3 years ago. JMHO
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Just before Mark Powell ( FWRA) passed away, he had a sale running on Falfiles. R1s were $169.00 plastic stock & $179.00 wood stocks. buy two and get free shipping! I got three for Christmas & I'm glad I did. I must admit though I'll have sentimental feelings when I get around to building these, as Mark was a great guy & it will be hard not thinking about him and his last great buys I got for Christmas
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Member#348

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock
    Just before Mark Powell ( FWRA) passed away, he had a sale running on Falfiles. R1s were $169.00 plastic stock & $179.00 wood stocks. buy two and get free shipping! I got three for Christmas & I'm glad I did. I must admit though I'll have sentimental feelings when I get around to building these, as Mark was a great guy & it will be hard not thinking about him and his last great buys I got for Christmas

He was a real nice guy!!! He put togther the South African fal buy. Mine was really in good shape. When did he die? Man, thats terrible.
    Be sure to check out:
    www.warroom.com
    and
    www.michaelsavage.com

What ever it is I'm against it.
    Always question authority.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What was his website, or is it just at Falfiles?
    Retired US Navy
    NRA Life Member -- NAHC Life Member
    "Take, sink, burn, or destroy the enemy fleet": Lord St.Vincent's orders to Nelson off Toulon, 21 May 1798
    Pretty much spells it out, huh?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.