I need some M1 Gerand info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some M1 Gerand info

Feedback Score

Default I need some M1 Gerand info

I picked up a barreled springfield receiver( no wood ) at the CMP store saturday, and was wondering where i could get some information on it. the one book i have says that a 152XXXX is early 1943..but all the other parts look like they were installed in the 1950's as thats what is stamped on the barrel..is there anyplace that i could find exactly what parts would have came on it when it was new?
    you got to kill it to grill it...Ted Nugent

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Contact Doug at the below link. He has always top notch with me and is a wealth of information. Drop him a line and see what he says. It's a start and anyway you gonna a stock

http://www.dougsstockpile.com/1903s.html
    When Injustice Becomes Law....Rebellion Becomes Duty

The only thing wrong with Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address was that it was the South, not the North, that was fighting for a government of the people, by the people and for the people."

-- H. L. Mencken

One
    Big
    Ass
    Mistake
    America

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by WC846
    I picked up a barreled springfield receiver( no wood ) at the CMP store saturday, and was wondering where i could get some information on it. the one book i have says that a 152XXXX is early 1943..but all the other parts look like they were installed in the 1950's as thats what is stamped on the barrel..is there anyplace that i could find exactly what parts would have came on it when it was new?
    These web sites ought to fix you up.

http://northcapepubs.com/m1gar.htm#H...20M1%20Garands

http://www.fulton-armory.com/tea/m1serial.htm

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

Thanks for the info guys, i'll check out the sites you posted..

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Cephus
    I knew you and Jack was going to come home with something when you called me from there I just knew it !!
    Wanted to rub it in didn't ya ,did ya get me my BAR or was ya just thinkin of yourself again !!LMAO

I'm glad ya got one Sam I know how you feel about these things and it's great that ya got one ya could fix up !!!
    well we didn't get you the BAR, jack said if we ever see one he gets first shot at it..haha.

.i really don't know how much fixin up i will have to do on this one, unless i want to hunt for the correct parts for the date.I need a stock so i can take it to the range and see what kind of groups it shoots..we stuck the gauges in it at the store and they weren't too bad (i hope) M=3+ C=3 ..so the numbers arent the greatest but they aren't the worst either..i think i'm going to get a composite stock for it until i can find a really nice older one from the right year. the rest of the metal is in really good shape, and so is the finish..

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

[quote=WC846]

.".i think i'm going to get a composite stock for it "

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    PLEASE!!!!!!!! That's the most disgusting thing ever posted on Gunco!!!!!!!! I guess it's your choice ,but man that Garand does not deserve to be treated that way. PLASTIC STOCK on the greatest battle rifle ever made??? Please re-consider this decision! It just ain't right! . I don't want to sound disrespectfull & of course it's none of my business..... but........GEEZE.. Could we help you find the correct stock you want? Convince you to buy a Boyds? Anything else to help? Oh man........ I gotta....... go have a smoke........( Sorry for the rant)
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    hahaha..i guess you don't live on a swamp..haha..i don't like guns with stocks that weigh 800 pounds when waterlogged..you missed the part about getting the correct stock and keeping it nice and pretty for special occasions..

ATD
    Feedback Score

I'm looking at a Garand and the owner says I can take it out and try it before I buy it, what kind of groups is a shooters grade good for, with surplus ammo? or whitebox 30-06
    In a hour of darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of insanity look to the madman to show the way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

there is a website it's like springfield data base or something to that effect, it has all sorts of nifty info in it, btw my M1(reciever) was made in 11/40 .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

it's Springfield research service. has serial #'s to date of manufacture tables and such. enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.