Newest Addition To The Family JLD PTR-91

Thread: Newest Addition To The Family JLD PTR-91

No Rest For The Wicked wickedmedic's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Default Newest Addition To The Family JLD PTR-91

Just picked her up today! Can't Wait to see how she shoots. I don't know when that will be! Who else has one of these and how does it shoot? Also any tips on cleaning would be greatly appreciated. This is all new to me, all my other guns are AK's and SKS's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

sweeeeet!
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, because I am the baddest motherfu$@er in the goddamn valley.

Feedback Score

Congrats! I recently picked up a Cetme. These guns are awesome! Mine is a Century, but works 100%. The JLDs are top of the line. The sites on either the G3 or the Cetme are a little weird. But I see you have a scope. Mine is very accurate with a scope. Check out www.cetmerifles.com for any info you need. I have been there for awhile now and learned a great deal. Full stripping is now a breeze. I just recently took the trigger pack apart and did my own trigger job.

Oh, one thing, these rifles really only like surplus military ammo. The delayed roller blowback system is so violent, it will rip regular commercial brass in half! Seriously! And stay away from Indian ammo with the headstamp OFV. This stuff has caused some serious KBs. South African, Austrian, Alstralian, Portuguise, and Packistani ammo are all good stuff. The Packastani is corrosive, but feeds, and shoots excellant! Just use a cleaner with Amonia when your done.

No Rest For The Wicked wickedmedic's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Thanks for the info. Like I said I know very little about this type of rifle, but was getting bored with my other stuff. I need to find some time to go shoot this thing!

Feedback Score

When you go, let some rapid fire rip. The 7.62x51 pushes you back a bit more than x39 Really fun rifles.

Feedback Score

Look for a bottle brush, that will be a good fit inside the receiver for cleaning.. I have a ORF built G3 clone, built on a JLD receiver with POF parts.. It is the cat's ass, and easily one of my favorite guns.. I think it's due to $1.00 mags..

Cleaning is a bitch though.. Check out http://www.hkweaponsystems.com/ for more info.. You will need this sight for when you take the bolt from the carrier, and can't figure how the hell to get it back.. hehehehe
    Repeal FOPA NOW!!!!!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.