FN FAL HICAP MAGS

Thread: FN FAL HICAP MAGS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Exclamation FN FAL HICAP MAGS

lol I put the ! because I want to know why some manufacturer has not gone the extra mile and made hicap mags for fal's at a good price. when I say hicap I don't mean 20 rds, that's nothing really. I would really like to see a reasonably priced 40 round mag. doesn't even have to be steal, could be a composite mag for all I care, hell why not a 40 rd drum or quad stack hell anything creative? I might be the only one who would like to see something like that, I highly doubt it, but I really think whoever could pull it off and patent it would stand to make a substantial ammount of money. the ban is lifted make some damn mags!! lol sorry I'm on a rant, I have like 30, 20 round mags for My 2 Fal's but a cool drum or something would really be the ticket. I realize that the 7.62x51 is a large cased round and the drum would be pretty big to hold 40 rds but who cares, I mean look at the 90 round snail mag for the AR's it's big and ugly. a straight or curved mag could do this easily actually someone could easily cut and paste 2 mags together and make a mag but it would be entirely too long and just not look right! I know some people used to modify bren mags, and I heard of 30 round fal mags before but the ban is lifted there is 30 round mags for all other guns why not the fal? hell a 30 round curved mag like the bren style would be cool even, composite waffle pattern, that would be awsome, especially if they could make it for under 30 bux each. Hell I would probably pay more just to have one! some debate or insight on this would be cool. or if there are any companies currently working on this I would love to hear about it
    Twissted

Feedback Score

I forgot the company name, but they are in the process of making a CETME and M1A drum with the ability to change the tower. I would think it could be converted for the FAL with a converted 10 round mag body.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

the problem with the 30 rounders is that they don't last to long. Not much mag catch area in the front , the weight of the loaded mag wears it down pretty quik .
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

damn, I just figured that this would really be worth someones effort. I guess whenever they get around to it I'll have to find out for myself how well they work.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Right now I think these are your only options...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Where are the 30-rounders to be found? Wasn't there some problems with the springs w/ the 30's?

Before the C-MAG, C&S metalwerks in MO (I think) made some hicap saddle drums from the German WW1 MG-15 doppel-trommel saddle mags, with a steel G3 mag for the "feed tower". It had to be wound with a key IIRC. During the AWB where no new mags could be made, I saw one of those go for $2000.

Have you seen the HK G3 drums? Looks exactly like that shotgun "drum" conversion drum and held 50 rounds IIRC.

One problem I see w/ .308 drums are they will be pretty darned heavy!!!
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

tony....no links? just pics

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Twissted1
    tony....no links? just pics
    The 30rdrs. are at www.dsarms.com and the beta mag I don't think is out yet, www.betaco.com

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.