Mosin Sniper Info??

Thread: Mosin Sniper Info??

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Default Mosin Sniper Info??

Anyone know of any sites to get good solid info on the Mosin Nagant sniper rifles, like things to look for as in markings and years of production?
    I did a quick look over at 7.62x54r.net but there doesn't seen to be much there for the snipers, at least I didn't see it. I looked at a few sites but none seem to have a lot of detailed info.

Feedback Score

Coils, Sorry I'm no help here. But I did go through a bunch of my magazines and stuff last night. I KNOW I have read about it not too long ago. I can still see the picture of it in my mind.(whats left) If I find it (6 mos?) I'll post it if ya don't have it by then.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks Storch but don't go out of your way. There has to be good info on the net, I can only find some basic stuff like arsenals and scope types.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

Oh-kee-dokey!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

I don't know if this is what you meant but it's good info at least. http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/fake_sniper.htm

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks Tanvil. I found some new info, I'll have to check out the forum and see if there's more.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I've got the north cape publications book on mosins. Lots of good info there. What do you want to know?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I got an 1944 Ishevsk ser# (upside down L) LK2719, the bolt (bent handle) is marked 2719 but I don't know if it a repro, the butt plate is marked like the reciever, the stock has 2719 on the left butt running length wise and on the left of the reciever just above the stock & infront of the scope mount is a # (upside down & backwards G or a 9?) GK2719 or 9K2719.
    With the scope and mount.
    The mounts base plate (attached to rifle) looks to have the same coloring as the rifle and the machining is a little ruff, don't notice any markings. The scope mount looks like a repro, it is steel but looks newer and I had to file down the little ears to get it to bore sight and keep the reticle close to center, there are no markings.
    The scope ( PU ) looks like an original but it's hard for me to tell, the markings are like that in the pic that I circled but dated 1944 like the rifle. It has a serial# that doesn't match the rifle but I read somewhere that they didn't anyway.
    Got to go to work so I'll check back later.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

The book says that PU scopes made during the second world war were marked with the Muscova Optical Works logo, a pentagram containing a star over a moon. Below it is the serial number, the first two digits of which (usually 43 or 44) indicate the year of manufacture.

Here's another note that might be relavent. Scope mounts serial numbered to the invididual rifle are reportedly Polish. On many post WWII rifles the scope's serial number was stamped on the left side of the receiver just above the stock. This was not done on soviet rifles.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thank you.
    I'll try to get a couple pics of it and post them this weekend.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.