Thread: Century R1A1 FAL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Century R1A1 FAL

I recently bought a Century R1A1 it appears to be pre ban. It accepts the socket bayonet and the flash hider / gernade launcher is functional. It has the gas shut off for gernade launching and is perfect on fit and finish. Also shoots very well. Does anybody know anything about these, I know it's metric because it says so in the mag well. I'm happy with it just looking for some in sight.
    North Central Pennsylvania Patriots
    see us at http://www.geocities.com/jlr666

Feedback Score

more action on the FALfiles

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jlr666
    I recently bought a Century R1A1 it appears to be pre ban. It accepts the socket bayonet and the flash hider / gernade launcher is functional. It has the gas shut off for gernade launching and is perfect on fit and finish. Also shoots very well. Does anybody know anything about these, I know it's metric because it says so in the mag well. I'm happy with it just looking for some in sight.
    I have one of the Century FALs and it is built on a G1 kit. The last time I posted a photo of it on FAL Files, the guys went nuts and wanted to purchase it form me. Does yours look like this:

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I have an R1A1 from Century, I bought it out the door at Centerfire Systems several years ago. Besides the cheap US furniture on it, I have no complaints. It goes bang every time I pull the trigger. One of these days if I ever stop buying AK stuff, I'll put some better US furniture on it...maybe Ironwood Designs.

OBTW....nice G1...wanna sell it..hehehe

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Some of the Century's where built on Imbel receivers I'm pretty sure. There is no guarantee but if the serial has a CA in it then it could be a Century receiver, If it's just a serial# then it may be an importred receiver built by them. Again there is no guarantee But this is what I read on FalFiles. Not all Century's were crap.
    IF YOU RUN, YOU'LL ONLY DIE TIRED

Feedback Score

My Century is built on an Imbel receiver and I picked it up for $600 in 2006.

In February '07 I picked up a Springfield SAR-48 for $750 and it came with 30 or so mags. All I know is having cash at the right time pays off and that reminds me because I need to replenish my cash gun fund!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

It has the century receiver , i finally got to shoot it this past weekend ran like a champ. extremely accurate with Austrialian ammo.
    North Central Pennsylvania Patriots
    see us at http://www.geocities.com/jlr666

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The G1 is the 1 Rifle I truly miss and i've spent over $12,000 on rifles and ammo in the last 6 years. I had an m1a national match but it felt too prissy and the G1 was my baby. I shot 7800 rounds out of it and then the barrel unscrewed I don't know why I sold it I should of repaired it. But now with ammo being what it is I wish i had saved all that aus. brass I shot up. On the other hand I'm one hell of a FAL Rifleman if the shit were to hit the fan and you needed one hehe
    If any punk kid ever comes up to you asking for your `Gang Sign` Tap your chest twice then your forehead once. After doing that only upon a threat do you draw your glock and show him what you meant.

WOLVERINES!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default jlr666

Hello All, I'm new to the site but not to the FAL. I've got a handful of builds under my belt. I used to live over at the FAL Files. Give Centry Arms a call for date info, just give them the serial number. It sounds like what you have is an inch(L1A1) metric combo-Metric receiver, inch barrel assembly. Some of the inch barrels I've seen from century are 6 groved. Metric receiver means you can use metric mags another plus. Inch mags are hard to find. Does the receiver have an IMBEL badge or IMBEL writing on the side? some of my first buids were on Century IMBEL logo receivers not to be confused with their current in house produced receiver, at one time you could order a century IMBEL for $159 per, the good days are gone...--FALman
    Last edited by FALman; 01-10-2008 at 01:39 AM. Reason: the wrong person was addressed

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.