I believe the thread is 9/16 x 24 left hand.
Barrel is most definately izzy make. It has the normal hebrew markings. The barrel is dated 67 which I think means its older then most SA or imbel guns.Originally Posted by fal_762x51
"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke
I might have a flash hider that will fit that kit. PM me about this
Buy your US made AK-47 compliance parts here.
Best price on US made AK parts! also $5 flat rate shipping .
Here is the long and short of it. First to answer your initial question, the barrel you have would have been fitted with a Belgian combo device. The lug is for the attachment of the Type A bayonet. The Type A bayonet has two prongs on it that act as a flashhider when the bayo is attached to the barrel. As for a little background, the Israeli barrels came in many forms:
1. open ear gas block, flashhider lug, non-threaded barrel
1. open ear gas block, flashhider lug, threaded barrel
1. closed ear gas block, flashhider lug, threaded barrel
1. closed ear gas block, no flashhider lug, non-threaded barrel
1. closed ear gas block, no flashhider lug, threaded barrel