What Should My Next Build Be????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Should My Next Build Be????

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default What Should My Next Build Be????

Looking for a little advise. I'm starting to plan my next build and want to continue with a battle rifle build but don't know what I want to do next. In my safe are AR-15's, AK's, FAL, and many 1911's (love that pistol). I've seen references to cetme's, hK's and others but they are beyond my range of experience at this time. In other words, I haven't the foggiest what they are.
    What I need is some advice on a new project (kit) with an available receiver (must be less than $500) to make it fit my budget. I want to stay with the battle rifle concept and don't think I want a belt fed at this time. I have a Romy RPK project just waiting for a back ordered barrel but after that, heck, I may have to take up gardening or beer making (or both)!
    Help is appreciated!!!!
    Bill from Spartanburg

Be like an old dog!!!! If you can't eat it or screw it, just piss on it and walk away!!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Beer making is a good hobby to pass the time
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Unfortunately, with the lack of available kits with bbls at the vendors you will have a tough time finding any battle rifle to assemble unless you want another FAL. The CETME is about the last readily available kit and receiver out there. Welding is required, TIG is best but Mig will do in a pinch. The HK is the "product improved" version of the CETME, but kits are expensive these days.

www.cetme.org

Feedback Score

cetme are easy enough to build, but you have to hunt for compliance parts. Go look at RTG because there are a lot of parts that interchange with HK G3's. I have one on deck and the second is just about ready to leave the crib. To me they seem less work than an AK to build, just more expensive.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah, the HK version is a much easier build because the 922(r) parts are more readily available. One can almost piece together a "kit" from the RTG and PTR91 sites for what a complete HK kit runs these days.

Do your homework before you build, there are several critical areas of fit that must be addressed before welding, if you are not aware of what is needed it may function poorly or not at all.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Next Build?!?

Howdy,

I'd look at the VZ58. Centerfire Systems has the Rec. for $399.00. Kits were really reasonable, but I have not seen them in a while. Just food for thought. The guys who have them can't seem to say enough about them.

Bellson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks Guys!
    Sounds like it's going to be a second FAL. I do have one in stock just waiting for some attention. I'll build this and save up my mad money for one of the future project guns. Sound like it's going to be expensive.
    Thanks again.
    Bill
    Bill from Spartanburg

Be like an old dog!!!! If you can't eat it or screw it, just piss on it and walk away!!!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    Howdy,

I'd look at the VZ58. Centerfire Systems has the Rec. for $399.00. Kits were really reasonable, but I have not seen them in a while. Just food for thought. The guys who have them can't seem to say enough about them.

Bellson
    vz58 is a good choice those rifles are sweet
    orf has receivers for $329 compliance parts for $115
    apex or century has parts kits for $130
    total of build about $600.

Feedback Score

Looks like the others beat me to it. Build another FAL so many versions out there. Try a para or a heavy barrel. I've got too many FALs but they keep reproducing in the safe. I'm doing a heavy for myself and my Father now. DSA has made an Izzy type heavy barrel that is selling for $225. There are some other parts though that end up driving the cost up there. You can never have too many.

Slugger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Maybe build a long-range "precision" FAL in .260? I would love to see what potential a guy could get out of one...........and I'd rather not be the guinea pig.

I have an FAL that will do acceptable groups (about 1.3 MOA so far), but I really wonder what it could do with a better barrel, and a cartridge with more potential. It is such a great rifle in many ways, it would just be nice to see one that is AR-accurate....
    The Second Amendment - it's not about hunting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.