Has anyone ever come across a SVT-40 Sniper rifles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever come across a SVT-40 Sniper rifles

Feedback Score

Default Has anyone ever come across a SVT-40 Sniper rifles

Was just wondering if anyone in the states had ever come across a SVT-40 sniper rifle?

I've seen pic's of these, of course the Mosin Nagan Sniper is alot more famous but Im sure there must be examples out there.

The SVT-40 was a good rifle so Im told but suffered from being poorly looked after in the field.
    Last edited by Red_Army; 10-07-2008 at 08:18 PM.

The Russian Collection: Mosin Nagant Carbine, Tokarev SVT40, Simonov SKS45, RPD, Romak3 PSL - RPK coming soon...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

There are a lot of SVT 40s here that have the scope rails cut into the receivers. There are also surplus scopes and mounts that are damn near what would have come on the sniper version. While the svt 40 sniper rifles are said to exist, most of the ones you'll see here are standard SVT-40s built up to look like them. I haven't seen a real one yet.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

There are a few issue SVT-40 snipers, or more accurately, designated marksman rifles. Over at gunboards they post about them from time to time.

That said, Fritz hit it square. While there are also a few SVT-40's with the scope notches factory-cut that were never scoped, a large majority are those bubba'd into "snipers" here in the states.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

I thought as much, I guess its the same in the states as here or anywhere else with the quanty of Russian weapons its hard to tell whats 100% real and 80/90% real.

Im on the look out for a Mosin Nagant sniper verson and I've been told you really got look carefully and take your time as here in the uk a good condition 1891/30 rifle either round or hex reciever will fetch about £120 where as a scruffy Sniper verson starts are £600, I've seen nice looking ones for £750-£900 and a rather too clean looking one for £2000

Ive been warned to watch out for 'cut n shuts' lol but I own a SVT40 and a Mosin Carbine so I know what Im looking at (kind of) but would still tread carefully.

I stubled across a supplier I have bought from before that listed a 1940 sniper Mosin but had no pic's but at a really good price, I asked about pic's but by the time they replied to my emails someone had snapped it up, but it seemed too good to be true if you know what I mean

The Russian Collection: Mosin Nagant Carbine, Tokarev SVT40, Simonov SKS45, RPD, Romak3 PSL - RPK coming soon...

Feedback Score

If you know what you're looking at on SVT there are ways to tell if it is orginial or not. Some were done in the factory, and more were done in the field by armoriers. But as has been stated most were done over here. I have owned several, and have owned all verisions of the 91/30 sniper....PE, PEM, and PU.

Feedback Score

was you happy with the feel and accuratcy of the guns you mentioned?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Iv'e seen them from time to time on gun broker.

Illinois(peoples republic of) near St. Louis
    Feedback Score

The two I own are very accurate. The SVT 38 and SVT 40 are worth collecting and shooting! There are some for sale right now on gunboards and on gunbroker. expect to pay from 650 to 1200 for a good one. Z

Feedback Score

Over here in the UK I've only seen SVT-40's and not that many to be honest although the SKS is pretty hard to come by too. Russian weapons are slowly starting to filter through to UK dealers but mainly Nagants (later carbines and normal)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

They seem to be pretty rare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.