Sig 556

Thread: Sig 556

Feedback Score

Default Sig 556

was looking at one today, considerred it a very nice rifle, but basically costs about what 2 standard AR15's go for or close to that (they wanted 1399) takes AR mags, anyone here have one ? opinions ?

i have a standard 20'' ar an a 16'' CAR going to build a few more as i orderred two stag arms lowers, i know the price will go up if osama gets ellected, but i'd like to know how they shoot

thanks !

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Although I have no hands on knowledge of the SIG, it is the only new rifle I really want to add to my collection. If (big if) they grandfather in existing guns in any future AWB then I agree with you that it will be worth a lot to collectors. Since it's a SIG you can pretty much count on it being accurate. I doubt there would be any problems and I like the fact it takes AR mags. It should feel familiar to any AR shooter.
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

They're coming out with a new version ("classic"?) that uses the original folder stock and forearm. If you can afford and want one, I would hold out for that model. All the shooter reports I've seen on them have been favorable, other than a few complaints about the fancy "tacticool" picatinny festooned forearm. Seems some are loose or canted or something. Sig will fix them though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It's a fine rifle. I dont like the iron sights because they really have nothing to offer as a backup to rail mounted optics. The folding front sight on mine is wobbly when extended, and I can't imagine it being too accurate. I will probably try shimming it to reduce the play. I'll say that I like mine, but maybe it's not quite worth twice the price of an AR-15?
    "Remember the Alamo"!

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Freebore, how does it shoot? I've considered getting one also, but I've wondered if it is as accurate as an ar15. I know its not a bench rest gun, but whats the best group you've gotten with yours?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I haven't got real serious about accuracy with it yet. It's currently fitted with a 3.5 MOA ACOG sight which really doesn't enhance target grouping! I'm sure that it would compete with the AR-15's though.
    "Remember the Alamo"!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

When I went through sig armorers course they were pimping the sig 556 hard. claimed 1.5 moa were supposed to do a demo for us but didnt call back. Looked good (tight ak design)

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.