Romak-3 PSL - Wood vs. Polymer
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romak-3 PSL - Wood vs. Polymer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Romak-3 PSL - Wood vs. Polymer

Romak-3 PSL - Wood vs. Polymer

Not the best pictures, but here its is:

Today we have dressed up a Romak-3 PSL rifle. Looks "Black and Evil" for the "Obamalypse" with the wood replaced with polymer stock and handguards. Feels very nice as I slipped on a Limb Saver on the butt to get a little better reach by adding about an inch of length. I still have a new 1,000 m scope coming. I may have to do this to the other one or just get one more since these are still available without much price raping.

Wood (this one I will keep dressed in wood asw parts match nicely, however, the last one I got was horribly mismatched in color and texture and therefore a good candidate for dressing up in polymer)

Polymer

Looks nice but it's not quite so easy to fit. The wood is tight but easy to remove except the upper handguard where the front metal retainer is bead welded. The wood was removed and then the polymer upper handguard wouldn't fit (slightly longer). The weld on the retainer was broken and the piece fitted. Then the metal was heliarced back into place to hold the handguard snug in place. The Stock was not too much of a problem except that a hole for the retaining bolt had to be drilled into the rear base of the receiver but no big deal. It wasn't really what I would call a "drop-in" fix but then I really didn't expect that either. I just might have to do another as most everthing else is being snapped up left and right. I'm pretty sure these will be on "the list" during the coming "Obamalypse".

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Looks great very later SVD - love it

If I had another I would consider it, wouldn't do it to my only one tho, but I good look mod.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Looking to get more PSL rifles unless there is a flood of decent AKs ar decent prices. There are alot of PSLs around but I think that is because a lot of clueless people or newly minted "novices" are looking for "black guns" - any "black guns" before the Obamalypse and the PSL is overlooked while AKs and ARs are getting snapped up. Not that it bothers me because right now I'm just getting more CZ-82 and PSL firearms for now (and some more ammo). The prices for PSLs haven't gone too crazy though I see a couple vendors have raised their prices a little. That said, I'm thinking of getting more and getting another polymer stock set. I did add a "Limsaver" to the one in the picture for a little extra "reach". My fear is that people will shift focus to these more overlooked exotics as the "coronation" for "The One" approaches.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

So whats a PSL going for over there in the states these days?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I just checked and they have jumped in price. Now I'm looking at around $800 give or take. That's about $100 increase in the last two weeks. I remember them about $600 not all that long ago. I was hoping that people would be searching for AK and AR "black guns" and overlook these. My guess is that these will be gone soon.

- Black Blade

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Call me Wee Todd Ed but I'm partial to the wood, the polymer leaves me flat.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I like both wood and polymer. Got to get another one or two in the collection before the Obamalypse. The problemis what will hit first, the "Obamalypse" or the "Second Great Depression".

- Black Blade

Feedback Score

Nice looking piece Where did you get the polymer ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Guy on Gunbroker occassionally sells them:

PSL Romak 3 FPK POLYMER STOCK Handguards Done : Stocks at GunBroker.com

He has them in stock and has been pushing them on a couple other AK sites:

Link

He didn't put out his email so I won't on an open forum.

- Black Blade

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Both those rifles look awesome in either configuration!

For those with several consider my post in the classifieds...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.