Anyone with G3/HK91/CETME Receiver Template?

Thread: Anyone with G3/HK91/CETME Receiver Template?

Feedback Score

Default Anyone with G3/HK91/CETME Receiver Template?

I'm looking for a HK G3, HK91, Cetme blueprint/template. I see a lot of the flats sold on gun broker and ORF and would like to know if anyone out there made a template from one. I'd like to make a couple receivers but I'm afraid I'll mess one up and be out $70+ or whatever they're selling for these days. I have most of the required equipment for dealing with sheet metal precision cutting and would reallly love it if someone would help me before the impending wep ban. I want to be sure I have a receiver before dropping $250+ on a parts kit and 922r parts. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

These "flats" aren't flat, they have been through a stamping die that forms a lot of features in them. Unless you can make your own stamping die set you're not going to be able to create a workable receiver from raw sheetmetal.

Feedback Score

How about one of the milled receiver blueprints. I believe Springfield armory uses milled receivers instead of stamped. But if there's a blueprint for any form of upper for the G3 stle guns, I'd love to see it. I might even be able to derive a solidmodel from it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Century has made thin steel cast ones out of stainless steel and there are some thick cast aluminum ones that were sold before the proper stamped ones were widely available. The AL ones were junk, the excess thickness prevented the use of many accessories and the trunnion was secured in place with glue and a couple pins. After a while the firing stresses loosen the trunnion and then you have an expensive paperweight. IIRC, Springfield used the AL ones for a while. AFAIK there are no milled receivers or even blueprints for any of the HK receivers out there.

Feedback Score

There is a guy over at militaryfirearms.com that made a Cetme receiver out of tubing, barstock for the rails and sheetmetal. It is ugly as sin but truly evile looking!
    my second atempt at cetme - Militaryfirearm

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.