Thread: CIA Cetme

Feedback Score

Default CIA Cetme

I bought a Cetme some time back for 500 from a gunshop. When I took it the range it jammed on me and the bolt wouldn't close. Took it home and checked the bolt gap it loocked like about .060 thousanths and not in spec.
    Had an extra bolt kit from the rilfe kit I bough from century, I put in the rifle
    the and rechecked teh gap it .017 thousanths within specs. Took it ot the range it function well.

The cetme's like cetme mags better. Hk mags will fit but they take longer and are harder to lock. I have bought Hk mags for two dollars a peice though.
    I always use Nato Spec Ammo for this weapon. They are hard to cock though.

They will MOA about 2" at one hundred yards. They are delayed blowback
    action is reliable. Recoil is very light. The battle sight sights are good.
    Recoil is less than my AKM or my FAL. Mine extracts good.

I lube each roller with a drop of oil, the space between the bolt carrier and the bolt and the ejector ith a drop of oil. The rifle is hard to feild strip.

I will polish the FCG group soon on my rilfle and zero it in better.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

$500 sounds like a good price, I saw one at the Fredericksburg, VA show for $750; my brother & I were thinking about splitting it, until I pointed out that he still needed to buy his Grendel upper.

Did you get a wood or poly stock?

This guy has a lot of CETME/G3 parts and a nice FAQ describing the compatible parts.
    G3 Parts - HK91 Parts - HK 91 Parts - HK-91 Parts - HK Parts - Cetme Parts - Original German HK Parts

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

damn 500 i paid 630 for my cia cetme. i took the gun apart and cleaned any extra oil and stuff out of it. the first 2 shots didnt fire. after that it ran like a charm, i think there was grease or somthing holding up the firing pin. the one ive got has the synthetic stock and forearm. cant wait to git a mount and a scope, and a bipod.
    ~ Czolgosz, Leon (1873-1902)
    "I killed the President because he was the enemy of the good people, the good working people. I am not sorry for my crime."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The cetme's like cetme mags better. Hk mags will fit but they take longer and are harder to lock. I have bought Hk mags for two dollars a peice though.
    Draw file the bottom of the mag well and the HK mags will work fine.
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If you want HK mags, hard to beat the deal at SG. For 20 bucks you get 12 AL mags, 6 pouches, and the issue G3 cleaning kit.

Used German G3 Mags, Pouches, Cleaning Kit Set, Military Surplus, Brand Not Specified, Used German G3 Mags Magazine Clip Pouch Cleaning Kit Set Rubberized at Sportsman's Guide

Feedback Score

My stock was poly was built I believe in 2001. They are on gunbroker auctions all the time for $500.00.

To get HK mags to work File the Bottom of magazine well can you elaborate in this more
    seeing how the commie ctars have an AWB in the Senate right now which bans large capacity feeding devices.

Feedback Score

Cetme mags work great for this gun, Hk mags will work but you will half to file the bottom of mag out of nine mags had one loose Cetme and one Loose Hk. This was after draw filing end towards barrel needed some taken off at mag well got all to lock now.
    Also if AWB passes there are 5 round cetme mags available.

"FREEDOM FOREVER !!" james ward's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

i had a few probs. with mine as well.............the first 6-7 mags i shot, jammed about every other round. after that, for some weird reason, it shot fine after that. w/o any probs. i also, had to install +2 rollers , dremmel the top of my mag release/retainer to allow hk mags fit , and replace roll pins on the recoil spring retainer. a small price to pay for a surplus parts built gun by century.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.