I want another rifle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want another rifle

Feedback Score

Default I want another rifle

Guys, i have ak-47, a G3, and im itching for another military rifle. what do t have to you think. i'm dont want to have to buy another round, so i would like to keep it at 308 and 7.62x39. whats your suggestions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

FAL or M1A1 (M14) in .308, or a 1919A4 if you like beltfed. There are also lots of AK variants out there.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Offer me a lot of money for one of my R1 FAL kits! Heh.....Heh...

I bought a MAS 49/56 pretty cheap. .308 & fun to shoot. Lots of extra goodies available cheap if you like to collect stuff.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I went with an SKS great shooting gun, not very expensive, & the Yugo SKS can launch practice grenades, lots-a-fun.

Feedback Score

what do you think about ar-10 or ar in 7.62. ive thought about m14 and 1919, i just want alot but i also have alot of other things to buy befor june thanks to mr pres.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cg45acp View Post
    Guys, i have ak-47, a G3, and im itching for another military rifle. what do t have to you think. i'm dont want to have to buy another round, so i would like to keep it at 308 and 7.62x39. whats your suggestions.
    I'm quite fond of the design of the VZ.58. It's 7.62x39. Another contender is the AR-10, but really it's no different than having the G3 (it's another serious battle rifle.) I really enjoyed the AR-10 personally, but if I had a G3 I wouldn't feel pressed to get one. As someone else stated the SKS is an option, I was impressed with the Yugo M59/66A1, it's a nicely made rifle, good intermediate caliber and would sort of breech the gap between the AK47 and the G3. It's got a little more accuracy and muzzle velocity due to the longer barrel than the AK47, but not quite as much as the G3.

I know you want to keep down on the number of calibers, but one oddball to consider is the sub $100 Mosin-Nagant. It's got a serious round that is available currently on a beer budget, 7.62x54. It can really reach out and touch someone, add some optics and you have a rifle that can really engage at some distance.

Mark

Feedback Score

you know i had a m33 that i sold to my brother. wanted a 91/30. that is still an option for me thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That's why I tend to keep to certain firearms is so I have a minimum of calibre types. I also try to keep it somewhat cheap and as many of my firearms in the C&R club as possible as well.

Handguns: Makarov and CZ-82 (9x18mm)
    Rifles: AK-47 types and SKS (7.62x39), Romak-3/PSL and Mosin Nagant (7.62x54R), M76 and Mauser (8mm)

Ammo for these firearms is still relatively cheap except for the 7.62x39 due to extreme demand. However, I also do have a few 9x19mm handguns and carbines like Glocks and Hi-Points, as well as assorted shotguns. That said, I find it easy to accumulate a decent collection of firearms where there is still plenty of surplus ammo covering a wide range of gun types. Just my opinion fwiw.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Hello cg45acp,
    Might I suggest a .308 cal Mauser 98k or Spanish Fr-8 in .308 cal. There are Israeli surplus 98k's around with fresh Belgian FN .308 cal barrels. Nearly every Fr-8 Mauser I've seen had a fresh barrel.

The handy, shorty Fr-8 also has a G-3/CETME-like flash hider of 22mm (7/8 inch) diameter which is also a launcher spigot for NATO standard devices. The .308 grenade blank round can toss muzzle launched stuff a serious distance.

Happy Shopping,
    VD

Feedback Score

found something today at local show. 1978 romy g for 145.00 with 30rd mag !!!! could not pass that up. guess i'll be building another ak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.