Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need to find G3 or HK91 Part Kits and Barrels

Feedback Score

Default Need to find G3 or HK91 Part Kits and Barrels

Hey all, I'm looking for a G3 or HK91 part kits, preferably that come with barrels, but can be without. Also I'd like to find some really inexpensive (but in decent shape) barrels to go along with parts kits without barrels. Can FAL barrels or any other 308 barrels work with G3's (even needing modification, and if so can u point me in the right direction for a mod)? If not, any idea what modifications would need to be done to get them to work. Reason i'm avoiding building a cetme is because I've heard about incompatibility with G3/91 mags (is this true?) and with G3 mags being 2-3$ each, I'd love to be able to use them. Anyways, anything else you think I should know about a G3/91/cetme build, please let me know. I'm really scrabling here to get a FAL and G3/CETME/hk91 built before any sort of firearm bills are passed.

PS: You guys hear bout the HR 45 bill yet? Requires a federal issued firearms liecense to own any guns and makes u register all your guns and implements a bunch of new laws bout having to report gun thefts or sales within 72 hrs and report that u changed address within ~60 days.
    go here: OpenCongress - U.S. Congress - H.R.45 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009
    and click on the More>> after the main body of text

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

G3/CETME bbls have to have the chamber flutes to extract reliably, other designs use a plain chamber and would require fluting to work. I heard of one guy who made a rig to scrape/file in the flutes but with a new PTR bbl running just a hundred or so bucks over what another bbl would cost I see no practical need to do so. Gunsmith Murray Urbach was set up at one time to EDM the flutes into bbls, but this process is very expensive and was practical only for use on high dollar match bbls being used for "sniper" rigs. I have heard he may be retired.

True CETME receivers usually have a small area at the rear of the magwell that can interfere with a G3 mag seating, a bit of Dremel work and they fit fine. Most build on a G3 receiver with the CETME sight base. Even a G3 receiver usually needs a bit of fitting in the magwell.

Unfortunately, you are getting into the G3 build game a bit too late. Kits are getting rare and expensive. Here's a few links that may prove useful:

PTR 91 Online Store

G3 Parts - HK91 Parts - HK 91 Parts - HK-91 Parts - HK Parts - Cetme Parts - Original German HK Parts

Cetme Parts!

HK 91 & G3 Question & Answer Page!

Building an HK G3 Clone

Building an HK G3 Clone on a JLD PTR-91 Receiver

There are a few nuances to the G3/CETME build that require attention before welding, the big ones are cocking tube length and bolt gap. No big deal as long as you know what to do before you get too far along,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What would you give for a brand new parts kit with a cast receiver and a few US parts thrown in?

Always room for more HKaltwasser's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Phillip,check hkparts.net,they might have some more in stock.They run 479$ with a new heavy 18" ptr barrel.Use the ptr receiver,its the best one out there,made on hk tooling.Ptr have them or you might be able to get one cheaper through vector arms.HKparts.net also sell flats that can be rolled into a receiver but i think they are orf receivers{ohio rapid fire}.Gilliebear at hkpro makes the best custom hk clones and can roll your receiver if u go that route.Hope this info is helpful,goodluck on your build!

Always room for more HKaltwasser's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

colorado gun sales have imbel fal kits for 399$.Denby,if phillip dont want that g3 kit,let me know how much you'd sell it for if you have one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I am also looking for a 91/G3 kit, if anyone here is sitting on one that they would like to sell. I have a PTR receiver and US parts, I just need the parts kit to get started. Can you help me out? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mondovino View Post
    I am also looking for a 91/G3 kit, if anyone here is sitting on one that they would like to sell. I have a PTR receiver and US parts, I just need the parts kit to get started. Can you help me out? Thanks!
    PM Inbound

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry im just now gettin back to you, all. I just went to hk parts.net and checked what they had as far as kits go and saw a few things that make my kit different. Mine is a FMP (HK Contract) Portugese kit. All my parts are new not new and used like HK Parts has. I have 3 or 4 trunions, factory, 1 hammer, 1 op rod, 1 flash hider,1 sear,1 follower all US parts. I have 4 mags used and 1 used sling. I also have 1 fac receiver made of cast stainless steel, so FAC says. I have both videos from AGI for this kit and I think there might be 1 or 2 more parts I cant think of right now. Im gettin old now you know. I dont want to break up this kit as I already have a rifle made on an FAC receiver that work- shoots GREAT now. I went to Gunbroker and checked on prices for kits (none) $ 495.00 when they do, and rifles. I see everyone has lost their minds, high, or just good guns. So having said all that you see why I said its not cheap. I could just as well build it and sell it with a PTR receiver and get big bucks. Ill take offers but. Im not trying to make anyone mad, I promise. I like it here!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry, I should have said Gunbroker has no kits and hk parts.net has kits for 495.00 but they are new and used parts. They are out of kits now.but more coming. Sorry for the corn-fusion.

Feedback Score

I saw a Cetme kit with a barrel on Gunbroker the other day for $375. The kit was typical condition for a Cetme.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.