DPMS 300 SAUM rifle converting

Thread: DPMS 300 SAUM rifle converting

3/297th Inf Retired AARNG Akfite's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Default DPMS 300 SAUM rifle converting

OK I got a DPMS SAUM rifle that was damaged in a fire stocks where all messed up anyways it's in 300 Remington Short Action Ultra Magnum which
    my bad luck is that the round is disappearing fast So I am converting the rifle over to 308 which should take much more than a barrel change and bolt change found a nice barrel now I am looking for a 308 Bolt I'v checked DPMS and they are out of stock does anyone know who mite have one????
    Sure wish the 300 was more popular it has ballistic a little better than the 30-06 sure would make a nice hunting round.

Ok I anwsered my own question..lol Fulton Armory has the bolts a little spendy but only place that has them rightnow
    Last edited by Akfite; 03-14-2009 at 12:45 AM.
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Default 300 Bolt assembly

Is the bolt assembly useable? Are you interested in selling it?
    Thanks

Feedback Score

Firearms damaged by fire can be dangerous. Just be careful that the fire did not cause any metallurgical changes in parts that are stressed. We can't afford to lose any good members here! Since you have the gun in your hands you obviously know more about it than I do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

WEll so far I replaced the barrel witha new 308 barrel and a new bolt/carrier from Fulton armory have anew gas block on order then I'll be ready to test fire. I also rebuilt a thompson contender that the plastic stocks had been melted also it was mostly dirty lots of elbow grease.
    And not sure what I want to do with the old barrel and bolt/carrier
    I really do wish the round was more popular woul dhave liked to try it.
    Oh yeah and the test fire is by sand bags and string just like an ak I thought that was standard....lol
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

The FAR.308 Titan is the same rifle. He is a bit pricey.

Fulton Armory Home Page

Feedback Score

With the string setup, it could make for an effective home security system!!

Feedback Score

I bought a FAR-308 bolt from Fulton Armory for my AR-16 project. I only went there because I can drive there and I've known him for more than 20 years. I didn't know the parts were in short supply. If you want to sell the old 300 SAUM parts let me know. I might find a use for them.

Feedback Score

Ok I got my gas block on and off to the range, Shot 20 rounds of 168 grn of remington nickel plated had a few feed problems think I need to work on the feed ramps a bit didn't really try for any accuracey but I hit a metal plate at 200 yardss every time. And after examining the spent case I had three with blown primers is this normal? I have had that happen on reloads but not on new ammo think I'll get some 150 grn American Eagle and try that.
    And not sure if I want to get rid of the old bolt and barrel thinking it mite be a good selling point if I decieded to sell it.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

A lot of the new primers are junk and pierce easier than the older ones. There is suppose to be some new match ammo for service rifle from one of the big ammo companies. Federal or Hornady I think. I haven't seen any yet. It was announced in Jan 2009.

Feedback Score

Ok thanks all for all the advise thought I should be polite and put a picture of my new rebuilt baby, I think I am in love ...lol Damn tax I can't afford to feed her....lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Akfite; 04-15-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Thomas Jefferson

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.