Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rare HK rifle

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-Hider View Post
    Were the early CETME imports that you speak of the MARS imports?
    Or are the MARS imports the later ones you speak of?

Just curious. I have been wanting a MARS CETME for years, but never seem to have the cash when they do pop up for sale (which is not very often).
    The Mars are the later imports. The Mars rifles have the front take down pin moved back a bit but have the newer style sights and scope mounts. The early CETME's imported were the "sport" model with Mauser type sights.
    Last edited by allesennogwat; 05-08-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Feedback Score
    4 (75%)

very nice I am impressed

Feedback Score

Awsome. I just purchased a Century C93 which shoots great. I got lucky with the bolt gap (varies from .011 to .015). But, an authentic HK rifle is a bragging right.

When I make enough money someday I will go after one.

Feedback Score

Here is my 60s vintage MARS CETME. The background story is in the closing days of WWII a number of German engineers from Mauser escaped to Spain. While they were there they were put to work at CETME (Centro de Estudios Técnicos de Materiales Especiales) now Empresa Nacional SANTA BARBARA. There they continued to refine some rifle designs started at Mauser during the war.

What would become known to many in the US as the CETME rifle was primarily designed by Ludwig Vorgrimler. Later when the Belgians would refuse to grant a license to manufacture the G1 (FN FAL) to the Germans, which after an order of 100,000 rifles really ticked off the Germans, they turned to the Spanish Government and CETME and negotiated to build the CETME rifle in Germany. They came to an agreement and eventually the HKG3 was born of this effort.

In the 1960s a small number of CETME rifles were imported by the Mars company in Chicago Illinois. Here is one of those rifles.

Note the groove in the lower to make conversion difficult.

CETME

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.