Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rare HK rifle

Feedback Score

Default Rare HK rifle

I know you are looking at the picture and thinking, that is not so rare it is a HK 91. Well actually what you are looking at is a HK 41. Brought into the US in the 60s, this is one of those rifles that once it got here the BATF decided was way too easy to convert to select fire. This one is dated 1966. Note the pin at the point the trigger guard meets the mag well. That is what bothered ATF. A G3 lower and bolt would go right on this... So HK was told to go back to the drawing board and modify the rifle.

The magazine article is from Shooting Times in 1963.

Had a HK 43 at one time too. I foolishly let that go.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Nice looking HK... even has the cetme looking bipods. Very cool thanks for sharing! You should post this over at Militaryfirearm and let them drool over it ;-)
    Pat

Feedback Score

I've not been to that site. I will check it out, thanks.

Feedback Score

Here we have the rest of my HK collection.

Two HK 91 rifles in 7.62Nato at the top, next down a HK 93 in 5.56mm and at the bottom a 9mm HK 94 with a dummy suppressor.

Feedback Score

Very cool, very rare rifle. A paddle mag release, that's something you will not see on too many factory HK semiautos in the US.

Feedback Score

Very nice rifle....That's the stuff dreams are made of.

Feedback Score

There are semi auto G3's imported in 1962 that have the auto sear welded to the side of the trigger housing. Also had some ears over the ends on the forward take down pin. The 1966 HK43 has a riveted pin, or tube really, that holds the magazine catch paddle. The early CETME imports have the front take down pin and matching trigger housing. No mods at all to prevent conversion but parts weren't common. The later CETME imports have the forward take down pin moved to a different position from the select fire models. I have heard the Beretta AR70 will take the select fire lower without mods but I think the slot for the auto sear must be missing but I haven't looked at one in a long time. The 1966 HK43 has extensions that go where the later shelf would be to prevent the select fire trigger group from attaching without mods.

Feedback Score

Default rare rifle

nice piece.years ago i had a fal g, early import b y browning.one of the f.a. guns that had the sear removed rendering it semi.same story a.t.f. finally figured out that it was easy to convert but the guns were all sold and could not be easily located.remedy ,a.t.f. issued a grandfather letter saying and listing serial numbers of guns stating they are legal to own but not as a full auto. i haven't seen one since then,they were all belgium made and best quality.steveo

Feedback Score
    3 (80%)

Nice set up, they are harder & harder to find

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
    The early CETME imports have the front take down pin and matching trigger housing. No mods at all to prevent conversion but parts weren't common. The later CETME imports have the forward take down pin moved to a different position from the select fire models.
    Were the early CETME imports that you speak of the MARS imports?
    Or are the MARS imports the later ones you speak of?

Just curious. I have been wanting a MARS CETME for years, but never seem to have the cash when they do pop up for sale (which is not very often).
    Give Up My Guns? When Hell Freezes Over...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.