Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Korean Garands Once More...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I saw mine, and not looks that good

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yikes for $400 I would hope the barrels would be in good condition! By the time you rebarrel it you could have just bought one from CMP and a litrle bit of paperwork. Glad to hear the condition of these before playing the "lottery" - I too think I'll pass

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If they were $300 it would be a better deal as an M1 Garand is pretty easy to rebarrel.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I posted in the C&R section about SOG having them in stock and I got flamed by a person saying that those rifles weren't the Korean ones. Well, I ordered one anyway, it is in about 60%-70% condition: all metal is drenched in cosmoline, the handguard is loose, the stock is dark brown and saturated with cosmoline. I haven't cleaned the cosmoline up yet, so I don't know the condition of the barrel. It is really a $450 M1 rifle, I'm glad I bought it, but it is going to need hours of work to get it to a good shape. I may even just clean it up a bit and send it to Fulton Armory, in Maryland, to have it refinished.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote from a search
    Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 12:22:44 PM

Blue Sky Arsenal re-imported a bunch in the 1980s. The imported rifles are stamped on the barrel; you should be able to see the stamp by drawing back the charging handle.
    I came across two storys now that say the SOG garands were the old imports?????
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    Quote from a search
    Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 12:22:44 PM

Blue Sky Arsenal re-imported a bunch in the 1980s. The imported rifles are stamped on the barrel; you should be able to see the stamp by drawing back the charging handle.
    I came across two storys now that say the SOG garands were the old imports?????
    I had a pos blue sky arsenal M1 back in the late 80's. The barrel was stamped blue sky towards the muzzle between the handguard and the front sight.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Didn't see any blue sky markings, the barrel is marked with the Century Arms "CAI, GEORGIA, VT" engraving.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I wonder if this is what I got? I posted this thread asking about barrel markings and the only thing I can find is the circle thing is from Taiwan.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f210/gar...arkings-55041/
    It has the CIA import mark on the barrel near the front.

I got it from a guy at the SAR show, he had about 30 of them there, and some of them were very rough. A friend had a dummy 308 and I did the generic "bullet test" and only 5 or 6 passed, most went right to the case. The guy said (don't know if it was bull or not) that these were sent out from CIA as $600 rifles but the company that received them refused them and shipped 'em back because of the condition.
    He was selling them for $325 but you couldn't take them apart, just lock the bolt back and inspec the bore is about all he'd let you do.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

For $325 I'd be happy with a servicable stock and a toasted barrel. But I've got an M1 receiver wrench, barrel blocks and headspace guages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.