CETME expertise needed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CETME expertise needed

Feedback Score

Default CETME expertise needed

Irrespective of the legalities involved, no I'm not ignoring them and I don't plan on doing anything unlawful, how hard is it to convert a CETME like the CAI version to full auto if you already have all of the full auto parts from a full auto rifle? Is it a straight forward parts swap or is there machining and matching and semi black magic stuff going on as well?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JiminTexas View Post
    Irrespective of the legalities involved, no I'm not ignoring them and I don't plan on doing anything unlawful,
    So which one is it? You've canceled yourself out here.

<snip> is there <snip> semi black magic stuff going on as well?
    You have to be a 7th level Mage of Orion (or higher) with a background in Obvidian Thaumaturgy to even think about it.

What is it with all these low-posters asking this stuff?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

If you were an SOT, you probably wouldn't need to ask that question. And if you aren't you can't do it, so why ask?

Folks tend to get a bit leery of noobs with single digit post counts asking such questions. Didn't think the ATF boys worked on weekends.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I'll answer the simplest of it, you have to figure out the rest.

Yes you'll have to do some machining, the ATF won't allow a firearm to be made (anymore) that you can just drop in FA parts to make it work.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

No, I am not an ATFAT spy. I just happen to have a handful of FA parts for a CETME. It is not unlawful to have them, it is just unlawful to install or use them. I was just curious about what it would take to do the conversion and I believe that I stated that I had no intensions of doing the conversion.
    I appreciate and understand your (that's "your" collectively) suspisions, but why are you so agressive and defensive about a simple question? I seems as though a few of you should take a Midol and chill out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

why are you so agressive and defensive about a simple question?
    Because as far as ATF is concerned, even talking about it is "Conspiracy to Commit a Felony". So you will find most boards ban discussion of this topic.

Feedback Score

Is it a straight forward parts swap or is there machining and matching and semi black magic stuff going on as well?
    Go fast parts are imposbile to simply just drop in for a reason.

Significant welding including adding deleted metal and reconfiguring the trigger frame, grip stick and how it attaches would be required. Plus a bunch of metal work and machining to close tolelrances on the receiver, bolt and trigger group.

Not worth thinking about or attempting for so many reasons.

Be aware that BATF has ruled that owning a Sten full auto parts kit and a simple 1.5" piece of tube with the same inside diamater as an original receiver is illegal and condised intent to manufacture or something like that. If you ask BATF about owning a CAI CETME and the go fast parts, they will likley tell you somthing similar. Legal to posess on their own but it gets grey if you have a potentially compatible firearm. Most people who build new guns from parts kits wisely toss out the go fast parts they they will NEVER need to avoid any potential legal confusion or bad situations.

Feedback Score

Lima- Thank you. I finally got a cogent and concise answer without vitriol or sarchasm. It is greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Jim

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Lima- Thank you. I finally got a cogent and concise answer without vitriol or sarchasm.
    WOW I wasn't trying to be vitriol or sarcastic. Did I give you all the details I could have? No. Did I give you a hard time? No
    Interesting
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Lima - You misunderstand me. I was thankin g you for being direct and polite and non defensive, unlike a couple of the other responders to this thread. I'm sorry if you thought that I was being critical of you in any way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.