Thread: SVT-40 rear spring guide went flying and is now AWOL

Feedback Score

Exclamation SVT-40 rear spring guide went flying and is now AWOL

I was cleaning my SVT the other day, and as I released the recoil spring the rear spring guide went flying.
    It went flying straight into the junk heap in my garage, it's like looking for a needle in a needlestack.

So what I need is the dimensions of one so I can turn a new one at work.
    Any SVT owners feel like posting a rough drawing with dimensions?
    Disclaimer -- the preceding message was a work of fiction, portrayed by actors over the age of 21.

There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain. But if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three and on that day you will reap it. And we will send you to which ever god you wish. --The Boondock Saints

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

HA! I had the same thing happen to a trigger bar spring for a beretta 96. It took me about 6 hours to find the dam thing.

Feedback Score

I have looked and looked, but the damn thing seems to be gone.
    Disclaimer -- the preceding message was a work of fiction, portrayed by actors over the age of 21.

There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain. But if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three and on that day you will reap it. And we will send you to which ever god you wish. --The Boondock Saints

Feedback Score

Bump for dimensions, I need to make a replacement as soon as possible.
    I have all the toys at work, to make it.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score

Hello R S,
    For a quick fix copy the picture from Surplus Bunker then dimension it from the diameter of the rod which is the same diameter as the spring guide middle section (photo analysis). A pocket calculator will help. See ???

VD

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.