Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Value for Fulton Armory Polytech M14s?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default What Value for Fulton Armory Polytech M14s?

Years ago I found a Polytech M14s which was fun. I got a nice tax refund and decided to let Fulton Armory redo it. This was back in the late 90's. I eventually got it back and realized my ambitions might be competition but my eyes aren't. It is nice. I took it to a couple of CMP matches and 200 yards and out it is all fuzzy to me. I've never shot it that much. When I'm in the mood for a battle rifle my SAR48 with a SUIT scope goes to the range. I've had great success with the M14S at 100 yards but my eyes need glass to go further. Last night I was looking at it and realized I probably haven't fired it in over 8 years. Maybe it needs a new home.

This was his Chinese conversion package. NM rear sight, NM flash hider, medium weight barrel, great trigger. He basically replaced everything but the receiver with GI parts. It has a GI fiberglass stock with a hole where the naughty bits were. Being done during the ban, it has no bayonet lug but someone with better eyes than me could have a great match rifle. I have a pile of mags, including some 5's. Back in the 90's Fulton Armory had a real big internet awareness and lots of people praising them. There seems to have been something of backlash but this seems solid and has never failed in any way.

I'm thinking of putting it up on Gunbroker or trying to do an FTF sale in Colorado. I'm just trying to get an estimate.

Steve

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

$1,100 - $1,600 if you have the Fulton Paperwork...

$800 otherwise....

Mags are always extra.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

If you got the time search the classifieds, one was sold recently on here. Well it was a Polytech, not sure about the Fulton Armory?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    $1,100 - $1,600 if you have the Fulton Paperwork...

$800 otherwise....
    Mags are always extra.
    It is a shame that the Chinese part is a devaluer. I do have the paperwork, since I never throw anything away. The paperwork shows the Chinese Upgrade Package with list of parts replaced (all of them).. It also has the Upgrade medium weight NM barrel, NM as system, NM sight & NM trigger.

Steve

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

some pics will help, the USGI parts will add a lot of value.. if they are GI..I'd say the estimate was very close..over 1000 and under 2000 is a safe value.. B2B

Feedback Score

It is very possible that the sum total of parts is worth more than the whole package. I say sell it with the paper work and it should bring a premium and mention what USGI maker parts were used in the redo. TRW parts bring a premium.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I guess parts prices are crazy. Here's a guy wanting $1200 for a torched receiver and parts. ARMSLIST - For Sale: Real M-14 with cut receiver

When i detail strip it for cleaning I'll get all the markings to see what I have.

Steve

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I might try a local sale since it comes with a lot of stuff. Here's an album in progress.
    M14s pictures by OldGeezerStuff - Photobucket

Steve

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrufflerSteve View Post
    It is a shame that the Chinese part is a devaluer. I do have the paperwork, since I never throw anything away. The paperwork shows the Chinese Upgrade Package with list of parts replaced (all of them).. It also has the Upgrade medium weight NM barrel, NM as system, NM sight & NM trigger.

Steve
    That helps. In truth the Polytech receivers are really good. They carry the Made in China stigma, but quality and durability are there. These were actually made on US machines that were first sold to Taiwan in the 1960's, then sold to Polytech in the 1980's. I found a story on this a few years ago, but I can't find it now.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    That helps. In truth the Polytech receivers are really good. They carry the Made in China stigma, but quality and durability are there. These were actually made on US machines that were first sold to Taiwan in the 1960's, then sold to Polytech in the 1980's. I found a story on this a few years ago, but I can't find it now.
    I have read the same thing but never with a good source mentioned. Could be true or internet myth but surely possible. But do remember that Chinese M14 parts kits were available before Polys showed and have read that "Spook" (unmarked or marked so to conceal country of origin) M14's did exist that point to China doing some reverse engineer manufacturing of these rifles. I do have some Spook 7.62 NATO Chinese made and British marked brass cased ammo. They made it boxer primed with the pockets a little over sized with corrosive primers other than that it looks like a good forgery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.