Thread: Battle Rifle Day

Feedback Score

Default Battle Rifle Day

Last weekend my buddy and I got our Garands, my M1A, and his Enfield #4 Mk1 out and took them to the range. Had a great day. It really surprised at how much more accurate my M1A is than the Garands, but it also doesn't have the same number of rounds down the pipe. We didn't get the Enfield sighted in because we didn't realize that the front sight was held in place by a screw with a raised rib. Going to have to make a front sight tool.

The thing that has been baffling me is why does the brass from the M1 and M1A get so blasted hot? You can't pick up a round that was just fired. However if I shoot my .264 mag, the brass comes out a bit warm but not hot. Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Auto versus manual action? An auto kicks the brass out an instant after firing, all that heat has to radiate into the air to cool off. The manual action leaves the brass in contact with the bbl, bleeding heat into the bbl steel until the action is cycled.

Feedback Score

That was what I figured. Just wasn't sure.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Wink

My friends and I had a ATF Party last week( achol. Tobacco + firearms). I brought 6 and 1000 rnds, 10 others brought just about the same 10 hours of continuious shooting OOO-RAAAA!!!!! Took forever to police up all the brass and tortured targets!!!! What a ball, I guess this will be a semi anual event from now on, we had a blast!!!!! I even shot 2 clay pidgons at 180 yards with a Ruger Charger W/4x32, Long reach, and of course I acted like it was normal, NOT!!!! Shit luck there even though I was able to do it again later and won a $50 bet for doing it!!! I got REAL serious when the bet came up!!! Got 10 rnds to get 2 pidgons, got 6 W/10, I still don't know how I did it????? Must have been the Dr Mc Gilakties group tightener!!!!! Sure did make everyone think I knew what I was doing though, but I know better, don't tell on me now!!!!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.