Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: M1 Garand

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I would not try any of the Korean ammo in bandoleers For what it's worth. I had three kablooey split cases in only three clips in my garand. Rest of ammo still in box ten years now. Don,t know what to do with it.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I have no Korean 30.06 ammo as I know it to be suspect of possible big problems! The ammo I will use is proven to be okay in the Garand as it is Lake City or Greek in origin with no corrosive properties!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

one brand of ammo to watch out for is OJP-its Austrian 56 dated
    I got ripped once-I was told it was Greek and somebody re packed it in Greek bandoleers and cans
    It had many split cases and I had a case rupture with it
    just untill recently-I finaly found out that they were Austrian and not Greek-I swore never to get Greek again until now
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Rest of ammo still in box ten years now. Don,t know what to do with it.
    Pull the bullets and use them for reloading? Or pull the bullets, empty 'em out, pop the primers then put them back together and sell them as dummy rounds?
    Not much else you can do with it.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I had the same issue with that stuff too, I did the same as Coils, reloaded them into good cases. I was surprised that the powder charges were very consistant and so were the bullet weights, that's why I used them for the components and sent the brass to the salvage yard. I had shot a few rounds in a bolt action gun and one of the casings ejected just the shell base, the rest of the casing was still in the chamber. It took a bit to get that mess squared away, I finally had to heat up the chamber area a little bit and finally got it out with a broken shell extractor, and lots of Break Free and PB Blaster plus several trys and much cussing. Luckly it didn't hurt the chamber but it was a bear to get out. Don't shoot it , strip it for componets.

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I dropped by a small local gunshop yesterday with a friend & found another M1 Garand that was a Springfield. The receiver had been ground on, on the left side to remove some type of markings & the shop owner had replace the barel with a newer one he had. The price was $900.00, so respectfully passed on that deal!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Since this thread is still woefully without pics, I'll start the correction by showing my HRA, which I built up from a CMP barreled receiver. I still need to repark it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think u got a great deal. Years ago I bought a mix-n-match w/ winchester rec for 500 and thought I did o.k. Then I found out the bbl was bent and had to rebarrel it. But even after all that I wouldnt trade it for anything! I have some reload data for service rifle 30-06 around here someplace if u want it. It replicates issue ammo pressures and vel.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.