Thread: Mosin w/ AK slant brake

Feedback Score

Default Mosin w/ AK slant brake

Has anyone put an AK slant muzzlebrake on a Mosin? I want to try one on a 16" barrel 91/30.
    Jim

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Slants arn't all that effective, the 74 versions would be a way more effective one IMO, especially on a Mosin Nagant. Might be butt ugly but sure would work well I'd think, they work well on anything I've ever put them on and are my favorite brakes effectiveness wise. Eye of the beholder ya know, after all,, not all butts are ugly!!

There not all that expensive to buy eaither and the threads are the same so it could be used elswhere if you don't like the looks. Just my thoughts.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

What he said, the slant brake isn't going to do much if anything at all, acctually I'd try the AMD65 brake myself.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Ditto on the AMD65 brake. I have used them on my PSL's with the same 7.62x54r round, and they do a pretty decent job of taming the recoil.

I haven't tried a 74 style brake on them yet though. Obviously a 74 brake does great on my 74's, but I would like to try one on the 7.62x39 and 54r, to see how they perform with the larger rounds.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The 74 works Awsome on both my Maddi and VZ58 in x39. Never tried one on x54 though. I've got a M38 in one of the ATI ,50buck sporter stocks and the recoil is surprisingly tame that way, they have a nice recoil pad and a good LOP so I've found it pretty manigble,, because it fits well,,,,noisey as hell ,,,, spits fire a mile but manigble recoil!! That 16" bbl under a roof at a range will make almost anyone duck and cover!!! Pretty friggin loud!! Compairing it to a 105 under there wouldn't be a stretch!!!! Believe me,, been there done that!! You'll get allot of,, WTF's ,,with that. Worse with a break!!

Feedback Score

I installed a 74 styled brake on a friends bubbad m44 after he whined about the recoil.Works very well on taming the recoil.Make sure you wear hearing protection since it sounds like a small artillery piece.Real cool looking fireball too.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.