Gunco Forums banner

Biggest and Bestest Bang for 100 Bucks Anywhere - HD VIDEO

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  wpage 
#1 ·
Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the most bang for around $100 bucks you can find anywhere.....I give you the Mosin Nagant 91/30!!

[video=youtube;lx_CDnCSkoc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx_CDnCSkoc]Shooting the Russian Battle Rifle - Mosin Nagant - YouTube[/video]

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

#2 ·
Can't agree with you more amsdorf !! I've had sevevral different ones and after "cherry picking" I have 3 keepers that shoot great,and are tack drivers! For the buck ,,, they can't be beat,,, period,,, and one fine rifle in there own right, at any price. Nothing fancy,,, but some really shoot awsome. Mine sure do.

I beleve they will go the way of the Mausers someday so hang on to those pristine matching # tack drivers, they just might surprise you in 20 years. They won't be 100 bucks for long, I'm thinking. Remember the Mausers in Popular Mechanics for $19.95 deliverd??? I do, and I still have some of those and they sure aren't that price now, even,, IF,,, you could find a pristine one nowdays!! Unfortunatly.

#3 ·
Mausers for $20....???

Wow.

#4 ·
Unfortunately nothing stays the same for very long, remember in the 80's when you could get SKS rifles for $89.00 to $100.00 each now there in the $300.00 range, buy those Mosin
Nagants now and I'll guarantee a better than the .35% your making on your savings account. Remember to stock up on ammo to!!

#5 ·
YA ,,,,,$20 bucks,,,,,, at the door,,,,,, for a matching # ,ex condition Mauser was the norm in the 60's and early 70's,,, seriously. And all with no FFL or C+R license,,, just a call and a check,,, done! Gone are the days!!
Wanna really cry???? 1, 900 rnd case of 8mm Mauser surplus ammo on strippers,,, ya ready for this,,,,,,< 25 bucks at the door!!!! I just got one 2-3 weeks ago,,, 278 shipped,,,, OUCH,,,,, and it was HELL TO PAY just to find it besides!!

Yup frogman, ex condition to unissued Russian SKS's for 99 bucks delivered from Century, I bought a ton of them, wished I'd kept some in reserve now!!!

All you younger guys might want to scrounge a few spare bucks to get your hands on some reasionable(?????) priced guns while there avalible!! Wish I had, well I did,,,, but sold them to soon! I haven't even seen a Russian one for sale in quite some time. Don't have a clue what there fetching now??

#6 ·
I haven't even seen a Russian one for sale in quite some time
If you mean an SKS, I think $450-500 is about normal now.
Yeah in the early to mid 2000's a Yugo SKS was $90-120

I like the Mosin, they are cheap and most are good shooters, even though the over all quality isn't that great. I got 18 or 19 of them, some 91/30, M44, M38, a couple Chinese M44 style, a Polish M44 and a Fin.

#8 ·
I beleive it was Century, late eighties-P14 or P17 Enfields, your choice of manufacturer, $89 bucks. VZ24 mausers,dark bores-$60 bucks. Go back to mid- 70's, I was about 12 yr old, we were in a k-mart in Monroe, LA, wire bins full of mausers, $15 bucks ea. Dad didnt think we could get ammo for them so he passed. Back to mid-sixties- Dad was in outside sales for a grocery warehouse. His boss handed him a crate with about 20-30 pistols in it. "See if u can get 35-45 bucks apeice for these". The crate contained nice condition Swiss Lugers! BTW, he wasnt able to sell even one, as no one in south east Arkansas had even heard of the caliber. Check the prices on Swiss lugers, youll be shocked.

#9 ·
Mid 1960's, @ Century original Waffien p-38's, not P-1's as they were current issue at that time,,, almost pristiene all w/accys ,,,,,,$27.00!!!!!!!!. Thats where I bought 2 match garands in 69, one still in the sealed crate, for 175 for the opened one, which was new too, just opened and no crate and 200 for the sealed one!!!!! Lets see now,,,,, where shall,,, we start the bidding on that still sealed one??????:wow: Lead seal intact!!!

Have a super good friend in NH and his house used to be and old bank, and it's in his vault. I couldn't find a safe big enough to put the crate in!!! Well,, one that I could afford anyways!! Safe place for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.