Tech sight for the SKS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tech sight for the SKS

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    I mounted up a set of these sights on one of my Romy (Cugir) SKS rifles. They work as advertised, but there is a bit of a windage shift with each disassembly, maybe 1/2 MOA @ 100 yds. Considering that the SKS I mounted it on was sub MOA @ 100 yds, I did not care and found the variation to be within acceptable ranges. Since there are very few SKS Rifles that are sub MOA without a complete re-machine AKA an accurize treatment, your results may vary.

I sold that SKS to a friend of mine, and he still likes it; occasionally suckering an unsuspecting AR owner out of a few dollars at the range.

The take away is probably obvious, and Moleman put it very well... "why does it have 4 setscrews, and by what standard or acceptable shift in point of aim do they use?" To which I do not have a good answer. God seems to smile upon my efforts on occasion, and this is probably one of those occasions....

Regards,
    At one point, Tech-Sights advertised an acceptable zero shift after reassembly. Now the FAQs say that there is no shift in POA/POI.

What I did when had mine was this: I put the rear sight on, applied Loc-Tite, and snugged them well. I then went and found a quick-release pin and used that instead of the provided screw.

I had to tap the pin in and out with a small hammer, but this setup made the SKS hold perfect zero after reassembly.

Regards,

Josh
    Tommo likes this.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I got a set for the SKS but I haven't install them yet but I've been more than happy with the 10/22 sights .. B2B

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I installed my sks sight finally and I like them,, Lots... only bad part is if you want to disassemble they have to be removed...
    stalker1 likes this.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Tommo and stalker1 like this.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have a couple with the old dust cover mounts and they work fairly well. Still have some small loss of zero after disassembly but still hits "point of man" accuracy.

Still, could be better.
    stalker1 likes this.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score

BB,you're shooting P.O.M. I'm happy with M.O.T! minute of tree accuracy. Seriously tho a decent SKS with irons is a really accurate little rifle. I've only got a couple pinned barrel Norincos and those things got me into the cartridge. Outshot my dad's 30-30 from the get go.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I have a peep sight mounted to the original sight leaf and I like that sight better than the stock sight, but I think the tec sight will be a improvement over that also as it gives it more eye relief... Stalker I have not shot it yet.. so I don't know Min of paper yet.. I've gotten so busy with work I just don't get out much, these days.. but I agree the SKS is a accurate rifle.. I got a threaded barrel Chinese rifle off a buddy a few years ago... for $300 and it's the donor.. I'll report back when I get it on paper.. but it maybe a while.. Sucks to be a grown up..

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

So, in respect for complete honesty: I do not own any SKS rifles anymore. I have owned more than 50 of them at some point or another. I have used the Tech Sights, and they are the best thing that you can do or get for an SKS if you want good Iron sights. My experience with them is that they will not maintain perfect POA/POI after disassembly. It is slight in most cases. My observed variance is 1MOA at 100 yards. This is acceptable if your weapon is 1MOA to begin with.

I could go into a long lecture on SKS accurizing and all of the things you should consider and do. I'm going to skip all of that and just cut to the chase: The Tech Sights are better than the standard ones. If you like your SKS then it is a good addition. Test things out, disassemble on the range after firing and reassemble and test again. I think you will find that you are happy overall vs. the standard sights. This is not a precision weapon. It is a battle rifle. 2MOA is just fine. Know it, love it, live it.

Just my $0.02

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

On the 4th finally got around to shooting the SKS with tech sights installed and I'm sold.. dead on and very fast sight.
    nutznboltz likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Search tags for this page

for sale ak47 dust cover with attached ar style aperture sights
sks tech sight take down bolt size

sks tech sights for sale

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.