Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tech sight for the SKS

Feedback Score

Default Tech sight for the SKS

Although the SKS is not listed for this site, I think it is a good place for it. After all, it is almost as big and heavy as the M1 Garand and some of the other "battle rifles."
    I have several. I like them. They seem to function very well. And, I have a lot of spare parts. So, I think that I will be able to keep them going as long as necessary.
    I have one that has a 16 inch barrel and uses AK47 magazines. It would probably be my main go-to SKS. I have 2 stocks for it-one is a thumb-hole stock and the other is a standard style.
    But, my tired old eyes need help. So, I am considering buying a Tech-Sight to install on it. And, because this sight is mounted in a replaceable receiver cover, I should be able to transfer it from one gun to another if necessary.
    So, does anybody here have experience with this sight? Is it good? Please let me know.

Tech-SIGHTS Precision Shooting Accessories

Feedback Score

I went back and studied this sight some more. I was wrong on my opening post! This sight is NOT mounted in the receiver cover. I seems to be held on by the bolt that holds the receiver cover. However, I still believe that it can be moved fro one SKS to another. Sorry for my goof!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have mounted a Tech-Sight Ruger 10-22 aperature sight to an AK74 dust cover and it works great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tommo; 12-12-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

It looks like it attaches like the old b-square scope mounts by means of a bolt replacing the takedown lever. My question would be do you have to remove the rear site (lose zero) to take the gun down for cleaning? It looks like you do, and if that is the case I would not buy one. I know the site says it retains zero when removed, but why does it have 4 setscrews, and by what standard or acceptable shift in point of aim do they use?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

This may or may not apply to this sight.

I had a scope mount that had the same set screw type setup to keep it tight and I found considerable POI shift after taking it off and reinstalling after cleaning, even keeping track of turns to remove it. It scuffed up the receiver too, I'd be Leary of them, but just my opinion and can't say not having had one.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

that thing is begging for a scout scope , with a hard mount right were the rear leaf is--

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I'll try out those sights.. they look goofy but if they work I don't care if they look like hell.. I think their 22 open sights are very cool... gonna try them out too... B2B

Feedback Score

Hello,

I've had Tech Sights on an SKS. They are very nice.

Cover-mounted 'scope mounts are flawed due to the cover moving. The Tech Sight uses as its anchor point the same hole as the cover's latch, and is then snugged down against the cover. In other words, it's anchored securely, unlike the cover scope mount that was mentioned.

Tech Sights, at least when I had them, are excellent quality and they work as described. The only thing I changed on mine was the aperture size on the 0-200 meter leaf. It got a 3/32" aperture size as I found the smaller hole to be just a bit too small for the fast-acquisition for which I intended it.

Regards,

Josh

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I mounted up a set of these sights on one of my Romy (Cugir) SKS rifles. They work as advertised, but there is a bit of a windage shift with each disassembly, maybe 1/2 MOA @ 100 yds. Considering that the SKS I mounted it on was sub MOA @ 100 yds, I did not care and found the variation to be within acceptable ranges. Since there are very few SKS Rifles that are sub MOA without a complete re-machine AKA an accurize treatment, your results may vary.

I sold that SKS to a friend of mine, and he still likes it; occasionally suckering an unsuspecting AR owner out of a few dollars at the range.

The take away is probably obvious, and Moleman put it very well... "why does it have 4 setscrews, and by what standard or acceptable shift in point of aim do they use?" To which I do not have a good answer. God seems to smile upon my efforts on occasion, and this is probably one of those occasions....

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

Welcome Josh and I like your web site.j 427x I've thought about a scout scope set up on my chopped norinco for awhile. Any collector appeal went away when I chopped the barrel and dropped it in a red chicom fiberglass stock that I painted flat black. Handy little thing though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.